PDA

View Full Version : biz partner ?

casey humphrey
03-27-2012, 09:52 PM
I am looking for some advice or some help. This is the deal I own a toro z 52 deck and a toro wb 48 gear drive and a lil 22 lawn boy 2 whips and 2 blowers. and of course the trailer and truck. A friend which is a lil bigger than me he has 5 mowers and more whips and blowers and equipment than I do. He also has pay role and all that jazz. I am a solo operator and if I need help I have a part timer on the side lines. My friend would like me to JOIN forces so to speak and help him on some HUGE jobs. My question is how do you peeps think he should pay me? A % of the job each month or the hourly rate for the machines? He thought we would trade labor but I dont need to except for mabe spring and fall clean up and thats it other wise I can keep it up on my own. Better quality control and no over head for pay role. Has any body else done this with another lawn care company? He is a good friend so I don't want to screw the guy over but nor do I want to get screwed over either and sacrifice the friendship. Let me know your thoughts thanks guys/gals

grandview (2006)
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Just tell him to throw some cash at you.

Jimslawncareservice
03-27-2012, 10:53 PM
I say, if you can make money and all that your self. Stay ALONE. All its going to do is reck a friendship.
Posted via Mobile Device

Waddle
03-27-2012, 11:39 PM
I have always lived by not mixing business with pleasure. Nothing ruins friendships and relationships moe than money and business. If he is a good friend and you want to keep it that way stay away. Now there is nothing wrong with helping a friend out. I do it from time to time If I need guys or he needs guys for jobs all we do is pay the labor for the guys and that's it.

Shawn S
03-27-2012, 11:46 PM
IMO it would be much better for him to take the work he can handle, and then sell one or two of the larger accounts to you and you do what you can handle.