PDA

View Full Version : wright stander owners help!

Mowerboy04
03-27-2012, 11:32 PM
hey guys, i just bought a 52" wright stander RH, ive put about 10 hours on it so far and have noticed a few things. First off every time i go from flat ground to on a hill the mower scalps. With my zero turn there is a deck lift pedal but the wright has no way to lift the deck while mowing??? ive been just turning the blades off then re starting. Second off wich is the bigger problem is the mower has no traction, im a smaller guy only weighing 130lbs so im wondering if i just dont have enough waight on the drive tires?? Any help or suggestions would be great!! thanks

Mowerboy04
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
anyone????

lawnguy27
03-28-2012, 08:38 PM
I too have some trouble with traction. I have a Exmark Vantage but still a stand on. I only weigh about 100 so i definently have an issue... Is yours a fixed deck? If so you just have to watch where you go!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mowerboy04
03-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I too have some trouble with traction. I have a Exmark Vantage but still a stand on. I only weigh about 100 so i definently have an issue... Is yours a fixed deck? If so you just have to watch where you go!
Posted via Mobile Device

no its a floating

LunarLandscape
03-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Just lift the deck with your hand lever and m
ow the hill.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mowerboy04
03-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Just lift the deck with your hand lever and m
ow the hill.
Posted via Mobile Device

yea ill try that tommrow, just gonna take some practice

pugs
03-29-2012, 11:23 AM
no its a floating

No its not. Its and quick height adjust fixed deck. The deck does not float at all.

BestImpressions99
03-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Since you bought it used see if it's missing a scalp wheel. Kinda stupid you ask me that a 52 wouldn't have a scalp wheel on it.

lawnguy27
03-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Since you bought it used see if it's missing a scalp wheel. Kinda stupid you ask me that a 52 wouldn't have a scalp wheel on it.
I'm pretty sure he bought it new.

ed2hess
03-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Well it seems like nobody ever talked about these significant shortcomings of a stand on unit. We got three unit just got a scag and my son noticed that it scalps easy and slides off hills bad. I knew it would be impossible to lift that dam deck to avoid scalping like you can on a sit down machine. I am workign that pedal all the time. Now when you get up to 4" it is less of a problem. And sliding the stander has to be the worst machine for sticking on hills. Just fine going up and down but who mows that way:dizzy:
But we learned to live iwth our Wright RH but it is only 36" and wider deck would be worse. Guess yours has scape wheels?

Angelo585
03-30-2012, 01:15 AM
I have 6 new Stander X's with 52" decks, I have no issues with scalping and they go everywhere my zero turns wont... I mow hills larger and more steep than recommended all the time with no or minimal issues... You have to learn how to work the machine, Wrights have a patented design that the other mfgr's can not copy which gives proper weight distribution and balance to the machine allowing it to be the most agile stand on machine on the market. We are eventually phasing out all our zero turns in favor of the Standers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
03-30-2012, 06:22 AM
I have a 36" with Fixed deck and have never had a problem with scalping at all....in fact in the 3.5 yrs of owning this machine, I have had 0 issues period. Wright standers are excellent. I just wish they would improve the deck of the smaller machines.
Posted via Mobile Device

THG
03-31-2012, 02:05 PM
I also have a 52" Stander X and bought and use it mainly for hill side mowing. No ZTR I have ever used can come close to holding on a hill like this Stander X.

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-31-2012, 06:09 PM
I have had 4 Standers 1-61", 2-52", and 1-36".........the 61" did have some scalp issues.....deck was too wide for the wheels.

My 52" fixed deck stuck hills great, my 52" RH has some issues.......I think tire pressure has a lot to do with it. I run the drive tires at 12-14 psi......that seems to give the best traction ......

the 36" is a fixed deck and is great on hills.....

my next one with be an X