PDA

View Full Version : First (religious?) experience with ECS

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Finally got to use the new-to-me TTHP 36 I bought last week. Started cutting lawns today. Chose to use it on a more wide open lawn so I could get used to the controls without running into anything.

I have to say, after using a Quick 36, this is a whole different animal. I kept trying to muscle the machine by instinct instead of letting the controls do the work. I was also too herky jerky with the controls, causing the front end to pop up on occasion. Hopefully with a few more lawns I can get more used to the ECS and take full advantage of a dual hydro machine.

(I might add, the TTHP cut is pretty good, but the machine does not stripe like my Quick did. I'll have to get used to that. However if the deck does not clog like the Quick in dewy conditions that will be a fair trade off.)

knox gsl
03-28-2012, 01:59 AM
I did the same thing with my first ECS mower, it always won. I can now make that 800+lb machine move like a 21". BTW I just picked up a 36" TTHP and love it so far. Try adjusting some more pitch in the deck to get better stripes, on my 52" I just drop the front a notch lower for fescue and then set it back level for bermuda.
Posted via Mobile Device

dieseltech
03-28-2012, 04:18 AM
Altho mine is not hydro, i just boutght a 36metro hp with ecs...i too was trying to muscle the machine around but within just a couple days i have the hang of it pretty well. These controls will definately give your hands and forearms a workout but in my opinion are very easy to use once you get the hang of it and actually quite comfortable. It stripes nicely as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCountyLawn
03-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Good luck, I hated the ECS system. Good mower/deck but as the guy who had to run it back it went.

Jimslawncareservice
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
I never had much of a problem getting used to the Ecs controls. DA if you want an experience drive a half hour to my house and hop on the navigator.
Posted via Mobile Device