PDA

View Full Version : What would be the better option? (NEWBIE)

Deebo53
03-28-2012, 12:39 PM
2009 Dixie Chopper RT270360 Realtree.Generac 27hp engine with a 60" deck and 128 hours for $5500

vs.

Ferris Z1000 61" with a 27hp Khoeler Command engine with 260 hours for $5000

This would be our first machine and i just want the machine that will give me the most user friendly and customer appreciating cuts. We will have about 5 commercials properties and 70 residential properties. Any input would be helpful!

Deebo53
03-28-2012, 02:56 PM
BUMP......any input would be appreciated

lawns Etc
03-28-2012, 03:19 PM
The Dixie's can match the cut Of anything out there. Parts are easy to find and the 27 generac is a very reliable engine.
Posted via Mobile Device

joee0914
03-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Never had the chance to try out a dixie but i've heard some good things. As far as ferris goes... the cut is nice and the machine seems to be made well. I know a lot of guys who run ferris around here and they lay down some nice stripes.

Im just curious.. you say your a newbie and this is your first machine so I'm just assuming ur a new business but you have 5 comm. accounts and 70 residential... What kind of advertising are you using that you gained so many accounts:confused:

orangemower
03-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Never had the chance to try out a dixie but i've heard some good things. As far as ferris goes... the cut is nice and the machine seems to be made well. I know a lot of guys who run ferris around here and they lay down some nice stripes.

Im just curious.. you say your a newbie and this is your first machine so I'm just assuming ur a new business but you have 5 comm. accounts and 70 residential... What kind of advertising are you using that you gained so many accounts:confused:

He said they "will have" that many. Everyone can dream.

Deebo53
03-29-2012, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the input guys. My community is close and my brother and I have a lot of friends who are helping us out by giving us a chance. We are matching or beating everyones price from last year, and the commercial accounts are hotels that my uncles own. There is nothing that god can't help with. We're just getting on our feet right now. We have a Exmark Viking hydro 48" we bought from Weingartz and are just looking for the best price for the equipment that will give us the least amount of issues. Again, your input is greatly appreciated.