PDA

View Full Version : Help with Condo Complex Bidding Michigan

motox391
03-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Wondering what you guys think of this job I have the chance to bid on I know the owner so she told me what she was currently looking to pay another company. I used my standard Hourly Rate and the competition i sstill way under my numbers... Is this normal for the commercial properties? Weve been in business for about 6 years and are just now starting to bid condos etc. (seeing they are all going very cheap) Let me know what you guys think

Pictures Are Supplied

Details are as follows
LAWN MAINT
1645' edging Bi weekly
64,048 square ft cut weekly
Standard Trimming & Cleanup

I would price this at 150-180.00/ cut
Competition BID=90.00/ cut

HEDGE TRIMMING
Hedge Trimming Provided 2x in season

(1) 380' L x 7'H hegde along the street
Many other misc bushes scattered around the property

I would bid 1000.00/ each time
Competition Bid =250/ each time

Spring Cleanup
My bid=700
Competition=250

Fall Cleanup

Numerous Large Trees
My bid=1500
Competition=500

Are these common rates or am I out of my mind

orangemower
03-28-2012, 06:38 PM
That's a lot of asphalt to cut.

motox391
03-28-2012, 08:08 PM
wow, such great advice -_-

jrs.landscaping
03-28-2012, 08:17 PM
How big is the company you are competing against? They might be using this as a filler for another account in the area that pays them for that crew and whatever they get for this is extra. Sometimes you gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em. If your regular rates are way off and you don't NEED the extra work I say walk and try to pick up work elsewhere. Why lose money to try to compete against some low baller.

Superior L & L
03-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Wow, have not looked into this to hard but it's only 1.5 acres. If u bid $100 a acre around me u would be sitting at home a lot. I just bid a city mowing project at $25 a acre and I didnt even make the top ten bids :(
Posted via Mobile Device

jrs.landscaping
03-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Looking over the numbers again I would have to agree that for commercial?municipal bids this is the going rate. When we have upcoming bids like these we usually sharpen our pencils depending on whether or not we want the work or want to just throw in a price and hope. If you want the work and are near the are you already know the numbers needed to get the job. All of the hard work is done for you. You just need to decide whether this is worth your time or whether you want to take a pass. I know from my stand point I wouldn't pass up guaranteed work I can make a profit on.

castlerockmo
03-28-2012, 08:53 PM
As far as the mowing in my area your to high. The rest tuff to say. I have noticed that alot of commercial stuff here is going even cheaper this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

MrPike
03-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Your competitor doesn't look too far off to me. I think there are a lot of guys around here who would take that job for what he's getting and be happy.