PDA

View Full Version : Honda Engines on a Wright Stander...

Jayson_109
03-28-2012, 09:16 PM
To the folks @ Wright,

While @ GIE last October hiding behind the outdoor demo both for Wright were 2 standers outfitted with Honda power. Of course I was very interested and took one for a spin and was totally impressed. Only thing I could really get from both reps "we're just doing some testing". Filled out a survey for the Honda folks to help convience the Wright heads to offer their engine on their products.

So any new word on how this "testing" is going? Better yet how about a release date?

Anyone else like the idea of Honda power mounted on a stander?

robert@honda
03-29-2012, 10:22 AM
So any new word on how this "testing" is going? Better yet how about a release date?

Those units at GIE were indeed concepts, and the information collected contributed to a detailed market acceptance study. No firm word yet if Wright will decide to offer a Honda-powered unit.

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

WrightCommercial
03-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Jayson_109,

We have received the information from the surveys, currently there is plan for if or when would offer the Honda engines.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Jayson_109
03-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Thank you both for your comments. To *Wright rep, do you mean " Currently there is *no* plan for....."

Mowingman
03-30-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't know why anyone would want a Honda engine on a Stander, or any other larger ZTR. Honda's larger HP engines are generally nothing but troublesome and expensive to fix. The smaller Hondas, say less than 10HP, are great engines. The engines up in the 20hP or larger range, are nothing but trouble on a constant basis.
There is a reason you do not see many of the larger commercial ZTR's equiped with Honda engines. There is also a reason why the companies that have offered Honda engines on the bigger ZTR's quit offering them in a rather short time. Think about that for a while.

WrightCommercial
04-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Jayson_109,

Should have read that response closer before posting, missed the "no", right now there are higher priorities so it is on the list but no definite plan at the moment.

Best Regards