PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Z rough enough to buck you!

MTenterprises
03-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Ok, so we know the ride is rough on these things, but DANG! I mowed a flat, but very rough terrain today and thought I was going to destroy the new Z. I just don't understand why Exmark cannot come up with frame suspension to absorb this impact. My mower bounces so hard it sounds and feels like I'm tearing it up. Mind you, I'm only going like 3 or 4 mph over the roughest spots and it's crazy. Are these mowers tough enough to hold up under these conditions. Frame, bolts, springs, bushings, etc? I just hate feeling like I'm destroying a brand new mower, but I have to get the job done. Anybody else out there feel me?

SwatDawg15
03-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Do you have a suspension seat? If not, get one. Your not going to tear that mower up. They are some of the strongest

MTenterprises
03-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Do you have a suspension seat? If not, get one. Your not going to tear that mower up. They are some of the strongest

I'm going to order the seat, but that won't keep the mower from slam bouncing. I know thy are tough, but sheesh.....

lawns Etc
03-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I bet it's a 48 or 52. If so the shorter wheel base and frame don't ride as good as the larger framed ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

MTenterprises
03-28-2012, 11:13 PM
I bet it's a 48 or 52. If so the shorter wheel base and frame don't ride as good as the larger framed ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

48 and ou are right about the wheel base. I think that's what contributes the most bouncing. The rear tires hit its no sooner than he fronts are out and it creates a lot of cantankerous bounce. Just have to slow down.

ashgrove landscaping
03-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Should have bought a Ferris. You wouldn't even think of bumps let alone hurting the equipment.

exmarkman11
03-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Yes I know exactly what you mean, which is why my next mower will be a ferris 3100. Even the grasshopper and scag cheetah and hustler super zs are way smoother.
Posted via Mobile Device

MTenterprises
03-28-2012, 11:29 PM
I almost bought the grasshopper but the dealer is too far from me and they wouldn't work on the price as much as the Exmark dealer. I'm very happy with the mower thus far, other than the ride on really rough terrain and some clumping here and there. I attribute the clumping to thick, wet, Spring time weeds and clover...

Edit: do you mow with chute up or down for side discharge? I've been keeping it down and it makes a lot of clumping and I'm spending time going back and blowing to get rid of the clippings.

exmarkman11
03-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes my mower has a 4 series deck and the cut really isnt that great. I think exmark and toro will both go downhill together. There are much better mowers out there

r.eckley
03-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Get rid of the flat free front tires . You wont belive the difference in ride with
air tires in front. I can fix a flat once in awhile . Iput air tires on both my lazers made a big diff. I think the next gen z rides worse than older ones