PDA

View Full Version : Dodge truck question, please help!

JFGauvreau
03-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Specs: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT,, quad cab, 2wd, 5.7L V8 HEMI. (146k KM)

There is roughly a 20% chance that when I start my truck and drive off, 30 secs after, my truck would stall. It really never happens when I'm driving or on the highway, only happens when I'm just driving off.

I changed the spark plugs and the problem was still occurring. Now my truck won't even start after the last time it stalled. So I know I need a new starter but that won't fix the problem where it stalled.

Any tips on that? Anyone have already experienced that with their Dodge?

Thanks.

Meezer
03-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Did the check engine light come on? Did you check the fuses? Did you check for any loose connections?

Swampy
03-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Don't have a hemi, but somethings to check. Fuel filter, Throttle Position Sensor, Cap and rotor/Igintion pack, Spark plug wires bad or crossed, Fuel pump (check fuel pressure), water in fuel/junk in the fuel tank clogging the screen, fuel sending unit, if possible clogged fuel line.

jsslawncare
03-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Drive by wire- That's what the system is call now. There is not a cable from the gas pedal to the throttle body. If it's bad there will be what looks like a lightin bolt light on on the dash. Sometime's they come on and sometimes they don't. Or maybe an injector. It takes forever for the check engine light to come on. My 05 with a Hemi- two times now an injector has went bad. The motor will turn over until the battery goes dead, or if I pet the gas pedal it will fire right up. I just have to wait for months until the check engine light to come on and tell what cylinder the miss fire is on. While this is going on there is no loss of horsepower. Good-luck.

unkownfl
03-30-2012, 11:15 AM
PCM...........making enough charters to post.