PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird Bed Bug

merrimacmill
03-29-2012, 10:40 AM
I know this has been covered before, but anything I could find in the search didn't say why people liked it more. It was more or less just people saying "I have one and I like it".

I am considering getting one, but the only other one I have used is the E-Z Trench Bedscaper which I rent from time to time. No other rental place has even heard of a bed edger.

I do not want to spend to far above $2,500 or so on one of these things, so the little wonder and turf-tec (or however its spelled) hydro drive units are out of the question.

My question is, who has or has used a blue bird bed bug? Do you like it, and specifically why or why not?

I'm looking to order one next week, and even though I don't have any major complaints about the E-Z Trench, I think its design and construction and design is slightly rudimentary and even though the lines it cuts are very good, I won't call them great.

merrimacmill
03-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Also as far as pricing goes, I'm quoted the following:

Blue Bird Bed Bug - $2,536.47
E-Z Trench Bedscaper- $2,103.66

metro36
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Brown makes good ones too. I think they are in the same price range. I know of someone who has an nice almost new one for sale in Southern VT if you are interested. PM me and I can give you his info. If he still has it he would probably make you a deal on it.

knox gsl
03-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I've used the bed bug, its ok but will not go deep enough for me, I want 6" at least.
Posted via Mobile Device

thedrake
04-08-2012, 08:12 AM
i bought mine last year used from a true value on craigslist $800!! i rented a turf teq the year before and hated it. the bedbug is nice for making edges i wouldnt use it to define and edge. the 4" deep is plenty deep. you do pull it instead of pushing it. it is a little bit cumbersome and unbalanced but i am happy with it. it definatly likes flat land over hills. but its definatly better then using a stick edger. i bed bug 300+ft then just spring rake the dirt and sometimes clean up the edge with the weed wacker vertical. im probally under charging at $.20/ln ft but my little old lady customers arent gonna pay me $800 to edge....