PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Navigator and Tracking

AlpineMark
03-29-2012, 12:11 PM
This question is for all the Exmark Navigator owners out there, which may not be that many.:) My navigator seems to track left when mowing on a flat surface. I have also noticed that my steering controls seem to be jerky that is when I barely move them the machine jerks. Makes it hard to make straight lines. I know a person can adjust them, how hard of a process is that. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

aird208
03-29-2012, 02:04 PM
It is easy to adjust, There is a black knob under the seat between the hydro pumps, turn it the (I believe) the opposite way it is tracking. As far as it being jerky, Are you steering with one hand or two?

AlpineMark
03-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Just so I am sure, there is only the one black nob, correct? I am steering with one hand. Maybe I am not used to it yet. Before this year I was mowing with the traditional ZTRs.

LAG
04-13-2012, 11:17 AM
My Navigator is jerky also when taking off from a standing start.

I have been wondering also if an adjustment somewhere would smooth things out.

Anyone?

Jimslawncareservice
04-13-2012, 11:36 AM
LAG, how old is your mower? How many hours. Mine has almost 1100. It's not jerky at all. I just got with about 1030 1040 hours a month ago, so I don't know what it was like when new. There could be something else going on.
Posted via Mobile Device

djlunchbox
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
our Lazer Z was jerky as all hell for about a year. What ended up fixing the issue for us was raising the handles up higher. Simple, but it works great. Our tires are also not "matched" well, so we had to fiddle with the air pressure. If you haven't already, measure the diameter with a tape measure and make sure they are both the same. Our pressures are very different from side to side. Stupid tires!

LAG
04-13-2012, 01:41 PM
LAG, how old is your mower? How many hours. Mine has almost 1100. It's not jerky at all. I just got with about 1030 1040 hours a month ago, so I don't know what it was like when new. There could be something else going on.
Posted via Mobile Device

My Navigator is 2 1/2 years old with 300 hours on it.

Jimslawncareservice
04-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Has it been like that since new? Or just start doing it?
Posted via Mobile Device

LAG
04-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Been that way since new. To prevent excessive jerkiness when starting the machine off and moving, I have to very gently ease the right forward lever. I don't get it..

Jimslawncareservice
04-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't know then. Have you talked to a dealer? I never a new to compare my older broke in one.
Posted via Mobile Device