PDA

View Full Version : I think i did alright

Deebo53
03-30-2012, 11:52 AM
After about a month of looking around for a good used zero turn riding mower i finally pulled the trigger on one that i found at Weingartz. I got a 2008 Exmark Lazer Z 25hp Kohler engine with 1488 hours for $3995 plus tax and got them to throw in a couple extra sets of blades. I just hope the machine was maintained properly, i test drove it and it started on the first turn and ran smoothly. Would you guys pay that much for the machine?

Florida Gardener
03-30-2012, 11:55 AM
After about a month of looking around for a good used zero turn riding mower i finally pulled the trigger on one that i found at Weingartz. I got a 2008 Exmark Lazer Z 25hp Kohler engine with 1488 hours for $3995 plus tax and got them to throw in a couple extra sets of blades. I just hope the machine was maintained properly, i test drove it and it started on the first turn and ran smoothly. Would you guys pay that much for the machine?

No way. That is a lot of hours. That machine is already half past it's life...
Posted via Mobile Device

Deebo53
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
I've seen a lot of Lazer Zs go to around 4000 hours. I do plan to maintain it correctly and try to get as much life out of it as possible. It's our first rider, if it can get us through this season ill accept it.

Ridin' Green
03-30-2012, 12:53 PM
For what Exmarks go for in SE MI, and especially the used ones at Weingartz, I think you prolly did OK. Just curious, which store did you get it at- Waterford, or Farmington?

As long as you're happy with it and you get good service for a year or two from it, that's all that really matters.:)

Deebo53
03-30-2012, 01:03 PM
For what Exmarks go for in SE MI, and especially the used ones at Weingartz, I think you prolly did OK. Just curious, which store did you get it at- Waterford, or Farmington?

As long as you're happy with it and you get good service for a year or two from it, that's all that really matters.:)

The one over in Waterford. I originally called them for one with 850 hours for 4995 but it was real beat up. Just walking around in their basement i walked by this one it was in great shape and i said screw it if it can get me through a season or 2 ill be happy

Ridin' Green
03-30-2012, 01:10 PM
They have some pretty good people working at that store, especially Tammy in parts (she knows more about parts than about any other parts person I can think of except one), and most of their salesmen. We went to their open house a few weeks ago, and they had several of their used Exmarks sitting out front. I might have seen it then.

caddy029
03-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Theres a sucka born every minute!!!!!!

Deebo53
03-30-2012, 02:19 PM
They have some pretty good people working at that store, especially Tammy in parts (she knows more about parts than about any other parts person I can think of except one), and most of their salesmen. We went to their open house a few weeks ago, and they had several of their used Exmarks sitting out front. I might have seen it then.

I actually got a exmark hydro viking from the show over at the farmington Weingartz during their open house. They had a lot of good used equipment there.

Glenn Lawn Care
03-30-2012, 02:41 PM
That is a lot of hours for that machine. Hopefully the hydros have been replaced or rebuilt!

bln
03-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I just sold an 07 exmark with 1697 hours for 3,700. Everyone who ran it said it was just as good and tight as theirs with less then 500 hours. A mower is only as good as the maintenace that was done to it. My other exmark is pushing 4,000 hours on a 28 hp kohler. I replaced 1 hydro at 3,200 hours and she is still running strong.
Posted via Mobile Device

StanWilhite
03-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Really the only time to ask for people's opinions is before the actual purchase. As one of the other guys said, at this point it doesn't matter, it's all said and done. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Good luck, hopefully you'll be happy with the mower down the road.
Stan

Deebo53
03-30-2012, 04:41 PM
I know im just new to this game and I saved about 2 thousand dollars to what I was paying before, and I actually only put a 100 dollar deposit down so far. I think it's going to help me get through my first season, I am happy about it I just want to know if others would have pulled the trigger
Posted via Mobile Device

I MOW ALONE
03-30-2012, 05:21 PM
so you will be happy just to get one season out of it and if it blows engine or hydros and is worth next to nothing after one season you will still be happy with your purchase? if so great. i can tell you this everytime i have been in weingartz in utica they have a boatload of lazers and turf tracers that are beat to s--t and are asking way over what there worth and 75% of them have a sold tag on them. i am amazed at what people will pay for a beat up mower just because they are too lazy to shop around or just feel secure buying from a dealer. anyway all those mowers are brickman lease turn ins and like i said they get beat up badly simply because they dont own them they lease them. anyway good luck with the mower

themadcutter
03-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't let people who have been telling you it wasn't a good purchase get you down. Usually when you buy from a place that deals in used equipment they check it out and test the hydros and wheel motors. then they probably rebuilt the baffles and the deck.

Assuming that its in good shape Any one who thinks you could only get one more season out of that mower is off his rocker. Unless another 1400 hours is a season which I doubt would happen. My old 44" has a crappy 17 hp kaw on it and it has over 2000 hours and I accidentally let it run out of oil one time (I'm not proud of that but I'm not making it up either)

Not everyone can chunk down 10 grand for a new mower and a lot of people don't want to make a $250 a month payment on one.

You could have paid 10 grand for one and when half its life was over (like this one supposedly is) you still would have paid $10,000 for a mower and wouldn't be able to sell it for $5000 with out some work and a dealer to sell it for you.

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-30-2012, 07:54 PM
so you will be happy just to get one season out of it and if it blows engine or hydros and is worth next to nothing after one season you will still be happy with your purchase? if so great. i can tell you this everytime i have been in weingartz in utica they have a boatload of lazers and turf tracers that are beat to s--t and are asking way over what there worth and 75% of them have a sold tag on them. i am amazed at what people will pay for a beat up mower just because they are too lazy to shop around or just feel secure buying from a dealer. anyway all those mowers are brickman lease turn ins and like i said they get beat up badly simply because they dont own them they lease them. anyway good luck with the mower

This guy is right....kinda! Brinckman does use the same program we do which is the Mowpro (program) SOOOO many guys are using this program! NOT just brickman!)
you lease the machine for the season, they do all service on it then you return it with UNLIMITED hours on it. So i say for 4k you could of leased a brand new 60 rider (if you choose) or a season old machine.

in terms of the for sale used mowers, ALOT of them dont sell for the price on the tag! I bought my 36....wait and 60 turf tracer off the USED floor. And i got them for a different price than what was on the tag.

And for the most part if you build a relationship with a weingartz sales man they will help you to their best ability. You buy it from them they will do what they can to help you. OBVIOUSLY if you buy it from a random dude on here or clist, whats going to happen when it goes down? Are you going to call the guys up and have him fix it? At least if you buy it from weingartz and it blows up after the first week you can take it back!

Deebo53
03-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Some people on a budget don't have much of a choice brother, I shopped around for almost a month now and this is the best deal I came across, the hydros seemed strong, and Kohler engines are supposed to be up to par...if this is the chance I have to take, ill take it...it's better then putting myself into debt financing a machine when I already have a bunch of expenses starting off...hopefully god will be good and this machine will hold up well
Posted via Mobile Device

I MOW ALONE
03-31-2012, 12:59 AM
This guy is right....kinda! Brinckman does use the same program we do which is the Mowpro (program) SOOOO many guys are using this program! NOT just brickman!)
you lease the machine for the season, they do all service on it then you return it with UNLIMITED hours on it. So i say for 4k you could of leased a brand new 60 rider (if you choose) or a season old machine.

in terms of the for sale used mowers, ALOT of them dont sell for the price on the tag! I bought my 36....wait and 60 turf tracer off the USED floor. And i got them for a different price than what was on the tag.

And for the most part if you build a relationship with a weingartz sales man they will help you to their best ability. You buy it from them they will do what they can to help you. OBVIOUSLY if you buy it from a random dude on here or clist, whats going to happen when it goes down? Are you going to call the guys up and have him fix it? At least if you buy it from weingartz and it blows up after the first week you can take it back!

are you saying that weingartz will give a full refund on a used mower if it blows up? or if hydros have a problem. and you said a week later exactly what type of warranty do they offer on a used mower and for what time period?

themadcutter
03-31-2012, 04:09 AM
are you saying that weingartz will give a full refund on a used mower if it blows up? or if hydros have a problem. and you said a week later exactly what type of warranty do they offer on a used mower and for what time period?

He said if it blows up in the first week.

I MOW ALONE
03-31-2012, 09:57 AM
He said if it blows up in the first week.

so the warranty is 1 week ?

THEGOLDPRO
03-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Seems like a decient deal to me depending on how well it was maintained, My 08 lazer still looks brand new and cuts better then my 2011 lazer does. It has like 1800 hours on it and have only replaced one hydro pump on it the entire time. And im not worried that it wont go another 1800 hours with minimal problems.

chesterlawn
03-31-2012, 12:49 PM
What's up with that, my 02 lazer cuts better than my 1 year old one? And my new one the fuel gauge doesn't work right and Exmark will not fix it, oh well.

chesterlawn
03-31-2012, 12:53 PM
My 02 lazer also cuts better than my new one. Also my fuel gauge doesn,t work right and Exmark will not fix it, oh well.

themadcutter
03-31-2012, 01:26 PM
so the warranty is 1 week ?

I don't think they were talking about the warrenty. The point was is that if the mower had some serious flaw that was discovered rather quickly you could get your money back.

I Know my dealer gives like 6 months on used mowers front to back but they are mowers that he has rebuilt.

I don't know what the deal the op got is.

Deebo53
03-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Seems like a decient deal to me depending on how well it was maintained, My 08 lazer still looks brand new and cuts better then my 2011 lazer does. It has like 1800 hours on it and have only replaced one hydro pump on it the entire time. And im not worried that it wont go another 1800 hours with minimal problems.

How much does the hydro pump usually cost to change?? Would it be smart if i just had them change them both right now, see if they would give me some sort of discounted price?

I MOW ALONE
03-31-2012, 05:34 PM
How much does the hydro pump usually cost to change?? Would it be smart if i just had them change them both right now, see if they would give me some sort of discounted price?

$500 for each pump plus labor

themadcutter
03-31-2012, 07:22 PM

Off course not. Let them work until they start showing signs of a problem. If you mentioned that there is a problem with them then disregard what I have said but I wouldn't put on a pump unless it needed it. There is no reason a pump couldn't go for 3000 hours. Exmarks that are taken care of can last that long.

Here are a couple of things I would recommend you do.

Change the oil and put in slick 50. it is the only reason my motor is still running after it over heated from lack of oil (at least its the only reason I can think of. I don't care what anyone thinks of this additive)

Take the shroud off the motor at least twice a year and clean the motor and shroud off. Crap collects under there and makes the motor run hot and that causes the motor to fail to early (especially if its a kaw)

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-31-2012, 08:13 PM
my used warranty is 90 days.
i was back in weingartz today...>THEY WERE SLAMMED!
Anyways...i was looking at "All of brickmans machines" the store in farmington has some nice machines (I was looking at walk behinds Specifically). I might pick one up! It was brickmans, it was brand new last yr....Has 300 hours on it. Maybe if i land these last few accounts....

Deebo53
03-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Off course not. Let them work until they start showing signs of a problem. If you mentioned that there is a problem with them then disregard what I have said but I wouldn't put on a pump unless it needed it. There is no reason a pump couldn't go for 3000 hours. Exmarks that are taken care of can last that long.

Here are a couple of things I would recommend you do.

Change the oil and put in slick 50. it is the only reason my motor is still running after it over heated from lack of oil (at least its the only reason I can think of. I don't care what anyone thinks of this additive)

Take the shroud off the motor at least twice a year and clean the motor and shroud off. Crap collects under there and makes the motor run hot and that causes the motor to fail to early (especially if its a kaw)

Thanks a lot for the advice, i was planning on changing the oil right when i got it just for safety precautions. We dont have any areas that have too many hills regardless, so it should be smooth sailin.

Deebo53
03-31-2012, 08:45 PM
my used warranty is 90 days.
i was back in weingartz today...>THEY WERE SLAMMED!
Anyways...i was looking at "All of brickmans machines" the store in farmington has some nice machines (I was looking at walk behinds Specifically). I might pick one up! It was brickmans, it was brand new last yr....Has 300 hours on it. Maybe if i land these last few accounts....

The Farmington winegartz has some great salesman there. Honestly, they really make you feel like they are helping you out. I picked up my walk behind from there about a month ago, and everytime my brother goes in the garage he can't help but take it for a spin haha I hope you find a machine that will do you well! What kind of walk behind were you looking at?

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-01-2012, 08:00 AM
The Farmington winegartz has some great salesman there. Honestly, they really make you feel like they are helping you out. I picked up my walk behind from there about a month ago, and everytime my brother goes in the garage he can't help but take it for a spin haha I hope you find a machine that will do you well! What kind of walk behind were you looking at?

We were looking at a turf tracer 60" for a few places with some hills. As for oil in that new machine you have.... Weingartz should of prepped it for you on a new/used purchase. (Full tank, oil changed, new belts etc, )