PDA

View Full Version : 37 hp Kawasaki Fuel consumption

luckylawnboy
03-30-2012, 05:47 PM
I love my Z 970a the Power is really out of this world but the fuel consumption is crazy. I used 17 gallons in one day just 7 hours on meter. I had the Heads and cam replaced due to a recall this winter and it now seems to Drink the fuel. It ran perfect before. Any one else experience this from FX 1000 engines. Is there a mower that offers a High HP EFI on a 72 inch cut. I see the DFI FX 1000 on the Kawasaki engine web site but would that help reduce fuel consumption. I demoed a ferris and deere diesel and the need a turbo. Mowers bog down in heavy grass and hills. Lets here your experience. Im sick of 3gph

grandview (2006)
03-30-2012, 05:49 PM
It's the crap gas they sell us now. I used to cut all week on a tank for my Lesco,now its every 3rd day.

Ridin' Green
03-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Yes, EFI/DFI will cut down on fuel consumption by a noticable degree, but you pay a lot more up front for them, s you have to decide if the fuel savings over the life of the machine wil pay for the cost difference at purchase.

You are the first person I have ever seen post that the big Ferris and the 997 are underpowered for any kind of mowing conditions. There are literally hundreds of guys here who run them anywhere, and everywhere, and they have nothing but high praise for them (other than their weight).

luckylawnboy
03-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah the 37 hp will mow circles around them.

Mickhippy
03-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Im getting something like 1.7 or 8g/hr from my 37Kawi 60" SuperZ. Thats cutting very heavy grass and on hills. I am using 95 fuel though!

I think theres something wrong at 3g/hr. Try a higher grade fuel if possible.