PDA

View Full Version : scag v ride questions

vaacutabove
03-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I have a demo 48 scag v ride and I have never used a stander. The cut is good the thing is fast as hell. My only problem is I can not run a straight line to save my butt. The control are so tight. Is there a way to adjust it at least a little bit? If not how long does it take to get used to I mowed my acre 2 times today and its a little better but still scared to put it on a customers lawn.

touhey33
03-30-2012, 11:10 PM
I have one and you'll get used to the controls fast. I can run a straight line with one hand.

HPSInc
03-30-2012, 11:52 PM
I have two Vrides a 52 & a 36. When I first got my 52 I thought i would never be able to cut straight with it. after a week or so on it I had no problems. I love both of them and will probably buy more Vrides in the future.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
03-31-2012, 12:23 AM
We have 2a forty eights and one 52. Give it a few days and you will be a pro.
Posted via Mobile Device

vaacutabove
03-31-2012, 08:58 AM
I have a 48 demo but would be buying a 52. I dont think i can get the 48 to scalp. I know the wheel stance is the same on the two will the 52 scalp. I cut some bumpy un level and steep yards my 60 will scalp. My neighborhood yard cutting down hill the line thing is the worst.
Posted via Mobile Device

Flatop
04-08-2012, 07:08 PM
I have the 36" Vride and had the same problem with steering. (first time owning a comemercial mower and a zero turn) I received my tip from this forum and that is to look ahead of where you are cutting, if you are looking down close to the front wheels, this will cause you to make fine adjustments.