PDA

View Full Version : did you ever mow a drug house?

wojo23323
12-12-2002, 07:11 PM
I mowed this property before. It is in my neighborhood and I'm glad they arrested them before any other trouble broke out. They had alot of nice cars in their driveway but never seemed to go to work. They were under investigation for two years. http://www.wvec.com/news/local/wvec_local_121202_ches_drug_raid.97c184d4.html

mdb landscaping
12-12-2002, 07:17 PM
I used to work for somebody else, and we used to mow this nice house. Every once in awhile, we'd come around back to mow and the kids would be out there smoking the "wacky tabbacy". It wasnt really a house that they sold drugs out of, but their kids seemed to like the weed i think. Sometimes we'd come around and there would be a cloud of smoke but nobody around (probably ran inside).

bubble boy
12-12-2002, 08:01 PM
mmm, no drug house. but we mow a house for young "troubled"women. we were asked to chase away any strangers (male) when we cut. happens a bit

McNeal Lawn
12-12-2002, 08:33 PM
WOJO, durng the evening news tonight, I saw the report of that drug bust. I have never serviced a drug house, a few years ago a realtor offer me 7 houses controlled by the U.S. Marshalls in Portsmouth, after surveying the locations, I quickly passed on those jobs .

quikag
12-12-2002, 09:54 PM
I've had one.......always a viper, escalade, and a benz in the driveway. He was a cool guy.....HUGE....and he had a hot wife, but anyways, I also did his neighbor's house. What was funny is she was an FBI agent and she told me about them. Late one night they packed up and left......end of that customer.

LAWNS AND MOWER
12-12-2002, 10:07 PM
Used to mow a rental house. Tenants would put their baby pot plants on the back porch to sun bathe. I don't know if you call this a "drug house". Maybe just recreational users. Don't be surprised if this thread gets moved or removed.

Randy Scott
12-12-2002, 11:50 PM
Not that I'm aware of! Who knows though? :confused:

Envy Lawn Service
12-13-2002, 12:19 AM
No, but when I was younger and just getting into Insurance & financial consulting I worked as a career agent for a "home service" life insurance company. Early on I was transferred to an account where I was expected to collect life insurance premiums on the "corner". I didn't mind it much though. I never had a problem collecting the premiums from those guys compaired to others on the account. What a PITA job.

Looking back thoug, I'm glad the police new my business in that area. Otherwise I could have easily been arrested. I'm glad I was able to get away from that and become sucessfull.

Darryl G
12-13-2002, 02:38 AM
Nope, can't say I've ever mowed a house. But the backpack blower comes in real handy for dusting!

Envy Lawn Service
12-13-2002, 02:42 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't give my wife any ideas!!! She already wants me to stripe the carpet for her as it is!!!:D

Andrew S
12-13-2002, 04:56 AM
I try not to pry into my customers business,as long as they pay their bill I'm happy.However if I did notice anything highly illegal I would notify the authorities no problemo (especially druggies)

Got Grass?
12-13-2002, 05:40 AM
With my name I'm suprised I havent been asked...
All my customers are profesional or retired people. Who I'm sure were required to take a test every so often...
If a customer smoked up occasionaly I wouldnt rat them out.
Now if they were a serious crack dealer it would be a diffrent story.

Now onto a honest question. If a customer payed you extremely well & you had a good feeling something wasnt right, mainly how thay got thier money, what would you do?

Rhett
12-13-2002, 07:29 AM
No never a drug house that I know of. I do a tavern/resteraunt parking lot and marque area that I find all sorts of interesting items, such as needles, under garments and believe it or not birth control pills . The last couple of weeks I have found two bags of marijuna. I just open the bags up and blow the contents across the parking lot. :eek:

JML
12-13-2002, 09:04 AM
i guess it could be considered a form of a drug house, but I do a mobsters summer house down here. From what everyone tells me this guy is very high up in the family...

stslawncare
12-13-2002, 09:14 AM
i dont think i would want to deal with or have anything to do with a customer like that, if anything happened or if its known i would be afraid that it would hurt my company image.

wojo23323
12-13-2002, 12:34 PM
The authorities said these people had $23 million in assets. They should use some of the confiscated money for road improvement in our area. Their house was valued at 300k and they probably had more than that in their cars. I'm glad I only mowed it a few times two years ago. I don't like the idea of getting paid with drug money.

65hoss
12-13-2002, 01:26 PM
A few years ago I had a HUD contract that put us in the middle of some of the worst places in Memphis. By the national stats, that puts us in the middle of some of the most dangerous streets in the U.S. The dealers were never the ones to worry about. Its there customers we were always watching out for. Once it got to the point I had to get out of the truck with my 45acp on in plain view just so everyone could cut grass it was time to drop the contract. Oh yea, the gang members that thought they were real cool were fun too.

lawncare3
12-13-2002, 08:48 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't give my wife any ideas!!! She already wants me to stripe the carpet for her as it is!!!
her carpet or the rug?:D :D :D :D

lawncare3
12-13-2002, 08:50 PM
If a customer payed you extremely well & you had a good feeling something wasnt right, mainly how thay got thier money, what would you do?
I'd say that's fine wit me just hook me up.:D :D :D :D

lawncare3
12-13-2002, 08:53 PM
I don't like the idea of getting paid with drug money.
Y

Brickman
12-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by lawncare3

ROFLMAO

I do not care where my $$ comes from that I am paid for my work, as long as I get it fair and square on my end it then becomes legal $$ agian.

Envy Lawn Service
12-13-2002, 09:35 PM

She likes me to take care of both!!! :D :laugh:

Boy what a long day of striping! Most of the time in end up working under the lights! It's sure tiring!

When I'm done for the day I just roll over and.....:o :sleeping:

Gene $immons
12-15-2002, 09:30 AM
I got a call from one of my regular customers to go and mow their daughters house (22 yr. old student). In the backyard they had beer bottles all over the place, and a picnic table on which sat a large skull shaped bong. More like a party house.

Another time, during my first season, we pulled up to do a job for a HUD account and cops were all over the place and 3 men were being arrested. We kept on driving.

Henry
12-15-2002, 11:30 AM
JML, is that house named Whitecaps?

J&R
12-15-2002, 11:52 AM
I don't know if i mow any drug house But i do know i mow a house that does more than just gives masages they call it a masage parlor.

Bob Minney
12-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by J&R
I don't know if i mow any drug house But i do know i mow a house that does more than just gives masages they call it a masage parlor.

How do you know?
Barter system?;)

J&R
12-15-2002, 12:07 PM
by what they charge never new a masage cost 140.00

wojo23323
12-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Y

Because I do not believe in drugs. They ruin peoples lives, people die from them and because of them. I do not want anything to do with that.

Darryl G
12-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Wojo - A lot of things do what you described. Liquor stores, cars, chain saws and lawn mowers to name a few. Don't forget that all these things, including drugs, can make a persons life better. Just something to thing about.

wojo23323
12-15-2002, 04:11 PM
Darryl - So drugs can make someones life better?:confused:

Darryl G
12-15-2002, 04:20 PM
Wojo - Duh, ever heard of a pharmacy?

Call it medicine, call it drugs, whatever. Same thing. Who's to judge which are good and which are bad. Some of the most famous and influential people in history where drug addicts. Not trying to start and arguement here, but your list of bad things about drugs can apply to playground equipment for crying out load.

wojo23323
12-15-2002, 04:39 PM
I am talking about illegal drugs.

Darryl G
12-15-2002, 04:48 PM
Legal, illegal, I donít care, theyíre still the same. Listen, both my parents and both of my in-lawns died as drug addicts (morphine), yet thatís o.k. because a doctor prescribed them?

Do you turn down work from convenience stores because they sell cigarettes, or liquor stores because they sell alcohol, or pharmacies because they sell drugs, or smokers and alcoholics because they're addicts? Whether it's a prescirbed (legal) drug or not, it still has the same effect.

I used to deliver drugs in the hood for a living! Many were the same drugs that are illegal if not prescribed by a physician (*******, morphine, barbitutates, amphetimines). The pharmacist I worked for was a stand-up guy but knew that a lot of them were being sold on the street as soon as I delivered them. Nothing he could do about it, the physician prescribed them and the government paid for them! Whether it comes in a bottle or a baggie, it's still the same thing and has the same effect. Don't be so naive to think it isn't.

Guess Iíd better shut up now before I get this thread shut down.

Darryl

wojo23323
12-15-2002, 05:10 PM
I just don't agree with your opinion. That's all I'm going to say to you about this topic.