PDA

View Full Version : Back Pack Blowers...

Quick Cuts Lawn Service
04-01-2012, 12:01 AM
I purchased a new Red Max EBZ7100 3 years ago. This blower has paid for itself the first 4 leaf jobs. It has performed great. Considering adding a helper for my fall work and would buy another just like it, however the models have changed. Any one using the newer ones, 8500 & 7500 I think? Any feedback on these or other top brands would be great! Thanks.

rickpilgrim
04-01-2012, 12:22 AM
We have 2 redmax EB8000 and they are great! The only problem we have is throtle cable on one(broke in winter, may have been frozen) and the base/fuel tank on the other cracked, but that may be from sitting in the back of the truck bouncing around. We also have 2 Shindiawa 8510 blowers and if your just doing leaves and warm weather cleanup they are excellent, however they are not good for doing snow, as the carbs ice up alot and they start very hard when its below 30 degrees.

Ridin' Green
04-01-2012, 12:24 AM
If you do a search for back pack blowers, you'll find about a months worth of reading here in the commercial forum.:usflag:

I have the Husqvarna version of the EBZ7500, the Husky 570 BTS. It is an awesome blower, and a noticeable step up over the 7100 in performance. You will be very pleased with either version. I picked the Husky because the shoulder straps are much better at keeping the unit in one place on your back for extended periods of time. Even though they are thinner than the 7500's, they are more comfortable for all day running because of their shape.

Several guys here are running the Husky 580/RM 8500's too. I ran them before buying the 570, and they didn't offer enough improvement in CFM's to make the extra weight worth it to me, and they offer lower MPH for scouring stuck down debris. You can't go wrong with either really, but be aware that the RM 8500 version has had quite a few reports of engines overheating from debris being caught in the intake screens. mainly leaves in the fall. RM knows about it and is supposedly coming up with a fix for it, and they are taking care of any engines that seize up because of it.

Alan0354
04-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Yes, do a search and you'll find all the info.
Bottom line, the new generation super blowers are stronger than the ones just 4 years ago. BUT other than Shindaiwa EB802, every other ones have some complains. It is not like the older less powerful ones that are rock solid reliable. Even the new Echo PB770 has some issue, so is the new Redmax 8500, not like the EBZ8001 days.

Do a search, don't read the raving posts, look for complains. If you don't see any complain on a particular blower, then it is all good. Don't go for the last cfm or else you might end up with the Shindaiwa EB8520!!!!

Ridin' Green
04-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Alan-
I've yet to see a complaint about the EBZ7500 or Husky 570. I read every single thread on BP's that I see too, and I have searched going back for a few years as well. Though they have only been out for about 6-7 months, they are pretty simple in design, and there's not much to go wrong with them really.

BP's are kinda my weakness. For some guys, it's the string trimmers. For me, it's the big BP's.:)

Quick Cuts Lawn Service
04-01-2012, 09:48 AM
After posting this yesterday I found the previous discussions regarding blowers. Ill keep reading! Good stuff from everyone!

Alan0354
04-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Alan-
I've yet to see a complaint about the EBZ7500 or Husky 570. I read every single thread on BP's that I see too, and I have searched going back for a few years as well. Though they have only been out for about 6-7 months, they are pretty simple in design, and there's not much to go wrong with them really.

BP's are kinda my weakness. For some guys, it's the string trimmers. For me, it's the big BP's.:)

I am talking about the top of the line 8500, the ones that is lower power seems to hold up very well. Maybe there comes a point you can only get so much out of a bp. Pass that point, something has to give. Like those days RM8001 was strong and reliable, but it's heavy and loud. Now people want it all......powerful, light. Maybe this is the end of the road. Yours is the second to the top, maybe that's the way to go. stay with ones that is equal to the Echo PB750, Redmax EBZ7001, Maruyama BL8100. They all last forever.

Ridin' Green
04-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I am talking about the top of the line 8500, the ones that is lower power seems to hold up very well. Maybe there comes a point you can only get so much out of a bp. Pass that point, something has to give. Like those days RM8001 was strong and reliable, but it's heavy and loud. Now people want it all......powerful, light. Maybe this is the end of the road. Yours is the second to the top, maybe that's the way to go. stay with ones that is equal to the Echo PB750, Redmax EBZ7001, Maruyama BL8100. They all last forever.

Just watch, tomorrow my 570 will blow up and I'll have to eat my words.:laugh:

Seriously though, it is an excellent blower, and I've used it a lot already, and I mean A LOT. I did all my fall clean-ups with it last year, and all the spring clean-ups this year. It is so close to the 580/8500 in true performance that I just can't see myself lugging around the extra 3 lbs, and it easily out performs all the blowers you mentioned above. When this one wears out, I'll most likely get another just like it, and maybe even before this one wears out. It isn't perfect, but it's as close as I've found so far.

Alan0354
04-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Just watch, tomorrow my 570 will blow up and I'll have to eat my words.:laugh:

Seriously though, it is an excellent blower, and I've used it a lot already, and I mean A LOT. I did all my fall clean-ups with it last year, and all the spring clean-ups this year. It is so close to the 580/8500 in true performance that I just can't see myself lugging around the extra 3 lbs, and it easily out performs all the blowers you mentioned above. When this one wears out, I'll most likely get another just like it, and maybe even before this one wears out. It isn't perfect, but it's as close as I've found so far.

I think your's be fine. Redmax blowers are known to be very reliable until complains on the 8500.