PDA

View Full Version : Toro Zero turn has no power in left handle

Mowingkid35
04-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Bought a toro zero turn the other day from a buddy hard up for cash, its a Zmaster z 558 with a 60" deck. Anyways... the left handle makes a horrendous noise when under load, while mowing the other day i lost 95% of my power to the left control. Went home and lifted it with the skidder and it makes no noise at all when i run both the controls. Full of fluid, no leaks, both bypass valves closed. Can't seem to figure this out. Your thoughts??

Pietro
04-01-2012, 07:25 PM
The wheel motor is prob bad.

MTenterprises
04-01-2012, 11:28 PM

Yep. The left hydro is toast.

Mowingkid35
04-02-2012, 12:00 AM

Yep. The left hydro is toast.

Ok wheel motor, or hydro pump?

rickpilgrim
04-02-2012, 02:07 AM
The problem with this is if the pump goes bad the bits of metal and garbage go into the wheel motor and vice versa. We tried just the pump on our hustler 272A, about 15 hrs later it was wheel motor and 35 or so hrs later as there is only 1 oil resevoir on that Hustler both sides started to act up.
IMO replace both pump and wheel motor, flush the rest of the system out very,very well.

Mowingkid35
04-03-2012, 07:54 PM
The problem with this is if the pump goes bad the bits of metal and garbage go into the wheel motor and vice versa. We tried just the pump on our hustler 272A, about 15 hrs later it was wheel motor and 35 or so hrs later as there is only 1 oil resevoir on that Hustler both sides started to act up.
IMO replace both pump and wheel motor, flush the rest of the system out very,very well.

Drained oil, ripped apart filter and only found one small metal shaving. Having a pressure check ran on the machine tomorrow to determine what the problem is, hopefully we can find the solution.:clapping: