PDA

View Full Version : do they make a premium suspension seat. or add more padding

grass disaster
04-01-2012, 10:15 PM
ok so i'm tired of my suspension seat on my everride warrior.

it has no padding. my dads dixie chopper seat with no suspension is almost better.

i need to get a different seat or add more padding some how.

i dont think the spring style is very good. i had a kubota befor this and the suspenson seat on that was no good either.

grass disaster
04-02-2012, 08:14 AM
I can't believe this is not a more important issue. I'm sure there are some older operators here that have back problems related to the seat on their zero turn.
Posted via Mobile Device

retrodog
04-02-2012, 09:30 AM
The grammer is the most comfortable ride, but it is still a little stiff on the padding, you prolly have a michigan which is nice going across bumps, but again a little stiff. The low profile seat that Bad Boy, Hustler, and some other brands are using are very cushioned, but have little suspension, and are tearing a little easier on tough commercial uses, and the armrests are getting damaged easier. I have to say the Grammer overall is the toughest and the most comfortable, but still is not perfect.... Some guys get the very padded seats and buy suspension platforms off ebay for $159 to $300 and are pretty happy.

grass disaster
04-02-2012, 12:21 PM
I wonder if I could get my seat re-upholstered with added padding?
Posted via Mobile Device

oldstuff
04-05-2012, 11:45 AM
I have a air suspension seat on my hustler and love it. I mounts between your seat and the mower. www.etairride.com

grass disaster
04-05-2012, 10:12 PM
WOW this looks nice. where did you buy this??

CCA Green Services
04-05-2012, 11:10 PM
WOW this looks nice. where did you buy this??

Yea, where did you buy for.... I would love to ride in comfort.....:cry:

ashgrove landscaping
04-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Or or you could see the light and buy a ferris and never look back at another mower again. Seriously though. It's pure comfort and performance.

justanotherlawnguy
04-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Old fat guys shouldn't be out mowing!
Posted via Mobile Device

CCA Green Services
04-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Or or you could see the light and buy a ferris and never look back at another mower again. Seriously though. It's pure comfort and performance.

That's what I am talking about.... FEERIS is the ultimate Mower...

oldstuff
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
That seat was already installed on the mower by my dealer when I bought the mower but the decal on the suspension reads www.etairride.com
Phone # is 419-629-2825 located in New Bremen Ohio.

grass disaster
04-06-2012, 10:28 AM
That's what I am talking about.... FEERIS is the ultimate Mower...

yes but i have 2 yellow ones.

i dont want to buy 2 red machines. thought i could just update the seats.

oldstuff
04-06-2012, 11:21 AM
The seat would be easy to install yourself as it's pretty much a self contained unit. After mounting to mower just hook up a ground wire and a ignition wire and your all set to go. The suspension contains the compressor, relay, switch and the air bag. Just push the button IN and the seat pumps up and just PULL button out and the seat releases pressure. Very easy to adjust to your body weight.

grass disaster
04-06-2012, 12:01 PM
The seat would be easy to install yourself as it's pretty much a self contained unit. After mounting to mower just hook up a ground wire and a ignition wire and your all set to go. The suspension contains the compressor, relay, switch and the air bag. Just push the button IN and the seat pumps up and just PULL button out and the seat releases pressure. Very easy to adjust to your body weight.
How does it compare to the spring style suspension? Is it night and day? Or just a little better.

I see gravely add ruber booties to the 4 corners where it gets bolted down. Do you think this system needs booties at the bolt corners?
The system is $350 plus shipping.

I'm wondering if gravely would sell the whole seat? Wonder how much that would be?
Posted via Mobile Device

oldstuff
04-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't know about the rubber booties on a Gravely as I've never sat on one of them. As far as a spring style suspension I would guess that it would depend on each individual type of seat. Does a spring suspension seat have the adjustability? With this air suspension you can adjust from no air that will give you no suspension to full air that will be so firm that it's like no suspension at all. What I do is set it somewhere in the middle and go from there.

orangemower
04-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Can this be added to a suspension seat? How smooth is it and how far does it travel when you hit a bump? Does it have a bouncy feel or a dampener feel? The SS on my Scag feels worn and is getting stiffer. I'm looking for something that is air ride floating like a tractor trailer seat.

I've thought about the Ferris but I know if I demo one I'll want to trade the Scag in and get it. The secretary/VP said no new mowers yet. I really don't want to even demo one because I know it's not going to happen and just be a tease. The thing with full suspension would be scalping from the mower moving up and down. Not sure how that is on the Ferris.

orangemower
04-06-2012, 11:40 PM
After looking, I see how the deck works with the suspension.

ashgrove landscaping
04-06-2012, 11:41 PM
It's a tough call man. It's been 13 years and I just can not get away from the ferris brand. I have tried many times and the ferris keeps proving themselves as the premium machine. I have tried them all!! Try one and you'll never go back.

grass disaster
04-07-2012, 09:09 PM
I have a air suspension seat on my hustler and love it. I mounts between your seat and the mower. www.etairride.com

can anyone think of a reason why i shouldt order one of these?

does anyone else make a air ride system?

grass disaster
04-08-2012, 10:03 AM
can anyone think of a reason why i shouldt order one of these?

does anyone else make a air ride system?

Back to the top
Posted via Mobile Device

mtmower
04-08-2012, 01:58 PM
How does it compare to the spring style suspension? Is it night and day? Or just a little better.

I see gravely add ruber booties to the 4 corners where it gets bolted down. Do you think this system needs booties at the bolt corners?
The system is $350 plus shipping.

I'm wondering if gravely would sell the whole seat? Wonder how much that would be?
Posted via Mobile Device

I wondered about the same thing. The above seat pictured looks so high which I don't want. Somehow the Gravely set up is at normal ride height. Possible that the compressor portion is in the frame of the ZTR instead of part of the seat? The rubber isolators should be a great help, but again on the seat pictured it would raise you yet another inch.

TLS
04-08-2012, 02:16 PM
The Michigan is a decent seat. There are parts that wear and break though.

But as the OP mentioned, proper soft padding that stays soft would go a long way.

Sorry, but the air seat is way too high for my tastes. I have the flex seat and griped about the 2" that it raised seat height.

The key to a smooth ride is isolation. Wether it be a flex seat or the Iso-mount rubber that many are now using.
Posted via Mobile Device

CCA Green Services
04-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Anyone know where you can find the rubber islotors from....:confused:

grass disaster
04-08-2012, 03:02 PM
I think the suspension seat goes down a bunch when you sit on it.

For the height. I was planning on taking out the adjustment rail. That will save me about a inch. So I'm thinking I'll only be about a inch higher than what I was. I think I can handle that.
Posted via Mobile Device

TLS
04-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Probably any dealer that sells a brand that uses them.
Posted via Mobile Device

TLS
04-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, for as often as slide adjustments break/fail, they should just make them a bolt and unbolt to adjust. Not like many people adjust forward and back anyways!
Posted via Mobile Device

MONINAMONEY
04-15-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't know about the rubber booties on a Gravely as I've never sat on one of them. As far as a spring style suspension I would guess that it would depend on each individual type of seat. Does a spring suspension seat have the adjustability? With this air suspension you can adjust from no air that will give you no suspension to full air that will be so firm that it's like no suspension at all. What I do is set it somewhere in the middle and go from there.
Hey bud, so how does it feel on your back? Does it smooth out the bumps and jolts? I have a no suspension and it is killing me. I was going to buy a spring suspension kit but, I saw your post. Let md know
Posted via Mobile Device

johnwright238
04-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Toss the seat and make it remote controlled...

MONINAMONEY
04-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Toss the seat and make it remote controlled...

If I could I would. I was at an intersection the otherday and s fellow was using a remote controlled road machine.
Posted via Mobile Device