PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Magnum Edger Blade?

LawnMowerKing10
04-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Does anyone have experience with this product? Does it fit all Stihl stick edgers ? I am looking to use it mostly for bed edging/ re- defining. Does it do a good job edging mulch beds ? Any info would be very helpful.

Exact Rototilling
06-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Wow.... Zero input...? Been thinking about using these along sidewalks and driveways.... even curved concrete edging myself vs. the standard blades.

Any Input on these....?

http://www.oregonproducts.com/images_pro/products/Detail_OEP_MagnumEdgerBlade.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

brucec
06-12-2013, 02:51 AM
The only blades I use on my stihl
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
06-12-2013, 09:01 AM
I have a few that I have never used yet. There's a thread here somewhere from last year or maybe a couple years ago in which guys were complaining about these blades breaking way too easily and sending the broken piece flying off dangerously.

IMO the fingers need to be on the same side at both ends to work the best. I know the way they are designed is to make them reversible, but it just seems stupid to me to have the fingers sticking out both sides so they can scrape the cement on the cement side of the cut and be worn off before you ever reverse the blade.