PDA

View Full Version : Bad boy no customer service.. Just the run around!!!

Mrexacto
04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Well lets start by saying i have had this mower that i purchased from TSC in June of 2010. From day one it has cut at an angle on hill sides and not made any better of a cut than my cheap throw away murray. I tried to get this issue solved since then to no avail. I was sent to a dealer and the leveled the deck. When picking it up i was told by the service manager that the deck was pretty much level when i brought it in and that shouldnt be the problem. This dealer had about 25 kubota mowers and only 3 Bad Boys. (now i know why!) They showed no real interest in find the problem and sent me on my merry way. I have tried everything that i can think of to remedy this problem but i have not been able to do so. So last week i purchased a set of new blades from TSC for a 100 bucks!!! and put them on for my next mowing. Well to my amazement when i looked back i had two 1" mowhawks where the blades were suppose to overlap. Ok so now things are starting to compile and honestly when it dont mow anymore its not really mower... right? So i call badboy about there blades...i was givin the run around... well sir you didnt purchase those from us so we can warranty them..ALTHOUGH THEY ARE YOUR BLADE!!! IT HAS YOUR NAME STAMPED ON IT!!!! Then i was handed of to someone else then someone else until finally i was given over to this real cheerful fellow named James Russell... not really cheerful.. He acted like i was bothering him from the get go and spoke to me in a half yelling tone the whole time..well needless to say that agitated me and i began to tell him about all the problems i had experienced from the get go.. So when i told him if you can mow with it then its not really a mower, well he became inflamed.. I asked him what they could do to help and he said well i may be able to get you a new set of blades but as far as the other with you deck, well when we have a truck head that way to deliver some you can just make yourself available and we will pick it up and bring it back here and see if we can find whats wrong with it.. i asked well how long will that take? His response.. i dont know.. i asked well you gonna leave me a loaner to mow my 3 acres with until i get it back.. his response.. NO! so i began to tell him that i have owned my own business for 20 years and i dont care what you call it but this !@#$ aint customer service.. click.. he hung up.. So to make a long story even longer i will be getting rid of this thing and heading over to a Hustler where i at least believe my money will be appreciated!!! GOOD BYE BAD BOY!!! I hope no one else has to experience what i did...

grandview (2006)
04-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I was having a problem with my 48 Lesco a while back.Same thing there was a little stripe in between the blades,everything was level on the mower.Ended up the spindle had a little play in it. I ended up putting 1 washer on the one and all is fine.

Mrexacto
04-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I checked all of the spindles and the belt deflection... i have gone over this thing and i am at a loss for what to do. After doing a little research it seems to be a well known problem with the blades being to short, alot of guys are going to a diff blade like a gavely and toro i believe.. thats pretty sad you cant make a blade that works well with your own product. Just my .2 cents worth. As far as the deck mowing at an angle on slight inclines i dont really know whats the deal with that. I demoed a Hustler 54 and it mowed just as smooth on the incline as it did on flat ground. Wish i would have looked at the Hustler first... Would have saved myself from losing the money that i am about to lose by getting rid of the BB and getting the Hustler.

Mrexacto
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Its funny when you go to BB customer zone on their website you see hardly any neg reviews.. lol.. well i posted mine and it has yet to show up.. Can we say CENSORSHIP!!..

imapoboy
04-02-2012, 05:15 PM
You should call Bad Boy Mower factory again and ask for Kevin Newingham. He is the sales manager. He will be able to help you out. 870-613-5636.

GMLC
04-02-2012, 05:15 PM
There was another thread a while back about BB's customer service on a bunch of problems with a new mower. He had a very similar experience. I hope they come through for you. If not enjoy your new Hustler!

Mrexacto
04-02-2012, 05:24 PM
thanks imapoboy.. i will try that.. they handed me off to 4 diff people and made me call them back.. never took down my name or number and honestly just acted like i was a pain in their @##... i know if i ran my business the way they do i wouldnt have one...

Mrexacto
04-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Just got off the phone with Kevin Newingham. I can honestly say he was the first person that i have spoken to that really sounded like he wanted to fix my problems.. They are suppose to send out someone next week to see whats going on with everything. I honestly was about to take this BB to the local Hustler dealer tomorrow and be done with it so since Kevin seemed so willing to help i will give them till then..

jkingrph
04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Cannot comment about BB lack of concern, but first problem was buying from Tractor Supply. I learned a long time ago not to buy anything from anyone who does not provide their own service!

Mrexacto
04-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I think you are absolutly correct on that Jking and i will never do that again. If and when i buy another zt it will be from a local deal..

Richard Martin
04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
As far as the deck mowing at an angle on slight inclines i dont really know whats the deal with that.

I want you to air the tires up to 20 pounds all of the way around and see if it still does it. I don't care if the rear tires are only rated at a lower PSI, this is just a test and it's not going to hurt anything. What's happening is when the mower leans over on the hill, the weight is transferring to the tire that's lower on the hill. Lower air pressures will allow the whole mower to lean over even further, taking the deck with it.

My Dixie Chopper has low inflation tires. Their recommended pressure is from 5 to 7 PSI. It will lean over if I leave the tires that low. I keep them at 8 PSI and it reduces that tendacy to lean over.

Mowingman
04-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Richard is right on the money. Do what he suggests. This was exactly what I was going to recommend trying.

I want you to air the tires up to 20 pounds all of the way around and see if it still does it. I don't care if the rear tires are only rated at a lower PSI, this is just a test and it's not going to hurt anything. What's happening is when the mower leans over on the hill, the weight is transferring to the tire that's lower on the hill. Lower air pressures will allow the whole mower to lean over even further, taking the deck with it.

My Dixie Chopper has low inflation tires. Their recommended pressure is from 5 to 7 PSI. It will lean over if I leave the tires that low. I keep them at 8 PSI and it reduces that tendacy to lean over.

Mrexacto
04-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Will try that tomorrow Richard when i get in from work. I would think that would decrease traction on slopes though. Wouldnt it?

dwost
04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Wow Mrex, that is such a shame. I do hope they are able to make it right for you as no one should have to go through that. I wouldn't blame you one bit if you jump ship. While I've not experienced these issues with mine, I sure as hell would walk if they tried to pull that BS with me. I've had very good luck with their customer service when I've needed a part, but, unfortunately these kinds of issues will do nothing for their already tainted rep. Keep us posted and let us know how you make out. Best of luck!

mtmower
04-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Just stopped today and looked at a 61" outlaw extreme. Suspension looked like it might make a nice ride then I started to think about how it may effect cut. My flex forks on my Hustlers can cause problems until you get use to them and know how to get around the them. But all four wheels would make it tough. Yours doesn't have the suspension does it? I assume it doesn't but if it does I could see this causing the problem. I also noticed BB runs some big rear tires on unusually small rims. Again this might help ride but there is a lot more side wall than most ZTRs have. IMO they wheel assembly actually looks ugly due to it's odd proportions. I'd have to second Richards comment and see what happens when you air them up.

Grubrunner
04-03-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm sorry for you.... but I'm really not surprised.

This is the very reason I withdrew after being seconds away from purchasing a BadBoy mower a couple of years back.

I heard nothing but negative things about BadBoy's mediocre customer service from two [2] different owners. Similar issues to yours.

To me, customer service AFTER the fact is what it's all about.

That's why ALL my lawn-n-garden equipment now ONLY have the names Exmark, Stihl, Toro, Shindaiwa or Honda stamped on em'. I got rid of all my other crap [box stores garbage] the begining of this year, replaced them with the mentioned brands, and I couldn't be happier. I've had customer service dealings [after the fact] in the past with Toro, Exmark and Stihl to date [nothing major, but still dealings none the less] and have been VERY impressed thus far with their willingness to go the extra mile. Never had to make any calls to Honda or Shindaiwa yet but I hear both their customer service is on par with the best, so should the time come, I'm comfortable.

Good luck to you brother and please keep us posted.

Richard Martin
04-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Will try that tomorrow Richard when i get in from work. I would think that would decrease traction on slopes though. Wouldnt it?

You're just testing to make sure that is the problem. If that is the problem then lower the air pressure until it starts to lean over again and then raise it a couple of pounds. You have to play with it to find the sweet spot for air pressure. Putting them all at 20 pounds is just a test.

mtmower
04-03-2012, 10:10 AM
When I stopped at our dealer, yesterday which is fairly new, I talked to a very new but nice sales guy. He told me BB only had a 1 yr warranty for commercial other than the engine. Could this be?? If so how do they compete with other brands? Tried to verify on their web site but it was veg. I do think all mower companies should copy BB on have spokes models for there mowers though.

imapoboy
04-03-2012, 10:47 AM
i just called the factory and they have changed the warranty for non-commercial and commercial 2012 machines to a 2 year parts and labor, plus a lifetime on leading edge of deck.

BestImpressions99
04-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Quick question though... does anyone actually have a Bad Boy DEALER? From what I see around here it's only through Tractor Supply. First big nono for a pro is to go through someone that is the middle man. It's like Deals, our old TORO dealership. We can still buy Toro through them but they won't really warranty it. You have to buy through a sponsored dealer. Bottom line.

hammmerhead
04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Like mentioned earlier, you bought a mower from Tractor Supply. The TS we have here is basically an anti-thesis of what a "Tractor Supply" store should be. To me this is the same as buying a JD zero turn from Lowes.
I can tell you first hand ZT's dont cut well at an angle on any slope unless it is super smooth. Like mentioned all the weight is shifted and will cause the low side to cut a hare shorter than the other. You should try to cut straight up and down the slope.
Unless your engine is down on power, you have a bad spindle, bad idler pulley or loose belt, etc. there is no part failure involved with your mower. I know you said it was leaving uncut grass after the new blades. Did you put them on upside down or possibly not get them tight enough? I understand your frustration getting the run around with BB, but its hard to pinpoint an equipment or part failure that they are to blame for from the problem you are describing. If it doesnt work take it back to TSC or a mechanic. Oh wait, BB is actually sending a rep to come check it out! That sounds like a good ending to a bad beginning.

jkingrph
04-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I think you are absolutly correct on that Jking and i will never do that again. If and when i buy another zt it will be from a local deal..

I don't know what you are interested in, but have been dealing with Foster Saw here in Jacksonville for 30 years now, and always excellent service. They had a JD dealership for home garden equipment, not big farm stuff and was forced to give it up. I have a JD lawn tractor from them and service was good on it as well as all the Sthil equip I have. They took on Toro and because of this forum I went down the stree to Sadlers Marine and got a Scag and have been pleased with everything there.

jkingrph
04-03-2012, 05:46 PM
the begining of this year, replaced them with the mentioned brands, and I couldn't be happier. I've had customer service dealings [after the fact] in the past with Toro, Exmark and Stihl to date [nothing major, but still dealings none the less] and have been VERY impressed thus far with their willingness to go the extra mile. Never had to make any calls to Honda or Shindaiwa yet but I hear both their customer service is on par with the best, so should the time come, I'm comfortable.

Good luck to you brother and please keep us posted.

I think that's a lesson most of us have to learn. I started about 25 years ago replacing a Weedeater brand trimmer and a cheap Homelite chain saw with Stihl's, I have since added other Stihl tools and have been nothing but pleased.

I did purchase a high end CubCadet lawn tractor that turned out to be a piece of junk. I replaced it with a JD LX 277 lawn tractor that's still going strong and has only had one little idler pulley replaced along with belts. It's still using the same original battery and this unit was purchased in the year 2000, yep 12 years, I'm having trouble believing that one myself.

I did get a Scag ZTR to cut down on time and save my back.

There's nothing like quality and you get what you pay for!

Mrexacto
04-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Well guys sorry i have been so quite for the last couple od days. After i spoke to Kevin over two days ago now, i decided i would see what kind of solution he could come up with to help. I was mad enough i was ready to just load it up and trade it in on a Hustler. His reply is we really wish you would give us a shot at fixing the machine or seeing what we can do for you. So i agreed to do so. He called me back with his solution which was to send a dealer slash exlawnexpert from an hour and a half away to come look and finf a solution to my problem. So i agree and his says ok im going to hang up call him and give him your number and he will contact you at the latest by tomorrow. Well guess what folks...its past that deadline and i have not heard from either one again.. i tell you when then main guy doesnt do what he says i guess you
Posted via Mobile Device

Mrexacto
04-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Cant expect the rest of the employees to do any better.. oh well looks like i will be turning this thing into cash. That is if i can get anything for it! Sorry about how i posted..doing this on my phone and accidentally hit the send button on the first post before i was done.
Posted via Mobile Device

BestImpressions99
04-05-2012, 11:42 AM
I think you should AT LEAST give Kevin a call back and let him know you haven't heard anything from the lawn expert he was sending. Also one thing to consider, seeing as how hind sight is ALWAYS 20/20. You should get service guys phone number before hanging up so you can call him the next day after Kevin was to get with him and make sure the ball is rolling on both ends.

Give Kevin a call. He may get mad too at the situation which will help you.

BestImpressions99
04-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Also something to consider since you mentioned your phone. I know for some reason a friend of mine when they travel outside their home area they don't receive calls. For whatever reason they don't even get a "missed call" statement. Something to think about. I understand you're mad. I would be too and basically pissing away upwards of $5k. But try to stay calm and think things through. Let's say the guy calls you back in a week wondering if you got the problem fixed? What? I never got a call from you, you say I didn't get a call from you... see where the problems could go from there if you just fly off and go trade it in. This could ultimately end up in a full refund. Not saying it will but it could.

And don't-ah forget tah breath.

Illini_Fan
04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Well guys sorry i have been so quite for the last couple od days. After i spoke to Kevin over two days ago now, i decided i would see what kind of solution he could come up with to help. I was mad enough i was ready to just load it up and trade it in on a Hustler. His reply is we really wish you would give us a shot at fixing the machine or seeing what we can do for you. So i agreed to do so. He called me back with his solution which was to send a dealer slash exlawnexpert from an hour and a half away to come look and finf a solution to my problem. So i agree and his says ok im going to hang up call him and give him your number and he will contact you at the latest by tomorrow. Well guess what folks...its past that deadline and i have not heard from either one again.. i tell you when then main guy doesnt do what he says i guess you
Posted via Mobile Device

Sir, I said the dealer would contact you and get you taken care of. You advised me that you would be out of town until this weekend and the service would need to be then or sometime next week. You said that would be fine. The way I am reading this, it is a phone call about something that cannot be taken care of until you return that you are upset about. We will do what we can to help you, however, in return I would ask that you work with us and let us work within the time you have given. I have communicated with the dealer and he said he would be calling you today. I hope this call has taken place and if not, it should come very soon. I would appreciate the courtesy of a phone call to let me know you have not been contacted, instead of airing incorrect information on a website. The dealer that is coming to help you is coming from an hour and a half away on our dime to help you. I am sorry that you have had a bad experience. Again, I am going with the information you gave me and doing what I can to accomodate you. You have my cell number and I welcome your call. I have tried to reach you and I am going straight to voicemail. I know from experience that this happens when traveling. Please contact me as soon as you can?

Mrexacto
04-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Well Retrodog did contact me this morning and was ver appologetic for not calling yesterday. He explained he was very busy yesterday and i understand that. I dont want to get into a argument on this website but what was said was that you would have him call me by the end of wednesday at the latest. Well that came and went. As for that i do welcome your help on my machine and give my appologies for the flare, but again this has been an ongoing delimma for me and as you know i have been reaching my boiling point. Again i would like to let everyone know again that they are trying to help me and me and retrodog will be getting a time hammered out to meet up and i do appreciate their efforts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Michael J. Donovan
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
ok guys, it seems we have heard both sides of the story and that the thread starter is, or will be, in contact with said dealer

therefore, I am closing this one for now

thanks