PDA

View Full Version : New Exmark 21" mulching blade

C6H12O6
04-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I got the new mulching blade for the 21" Exmark today. I figured I would post some pictures if anyone might be interested.

Head on profile shot:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s388/mowerpics/IMG_3711800x531.jpg

How much I was taking off:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s388/mowerpics/IMG_3718800x533.jpg

An idea of the stripes and overall look:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s388/mowerpics/IMG_3725800x533.jpg

Bottom of deck after I mowed the lawn:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s388/mowerpics/IMG_3734800x533.jpg

I only used it on two lawns so I don't have much experience with it. I used it on a poorly maintained sparse lawn and it was leaving some stingers. Overall I am pretty happy, certainly better than the older options. Anyway I hope this is useful to someone. Have a nice day.

Exact Rototilling
04-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Is this a Oregon blade or Exmark blade? PN#?

Can you take a side profile pic with the blade off the mower? :)

Jimslawncareservice
05-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Where did you get the blade at? I've been searching with no luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jason
05-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Just bought that mower and pretty sure thats the blade thats on it. Did a couple passes mulching and it looked like it was bagged. Going to try it a little more today mulching we usually bag.

Jimslawncareservice
05-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Could you get the part number for me.please? I talked to a couple dealers and they say it does not exist even those I show them the pic from above. They all say its a retro fit blade. Meaning its ment for another mower.

My blade does fine in thin grass mulching, bit thick stiff it will leave a trail on the right at times. Wet of dry.
Posted via Mobile Device

Zack1978
05-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Could you get the part number for me.please? I talked to a couple dealers and they say it does not exist even those I show them the pic from above. They all say its a retro fit blade. Meaning its ment for another mower.

My blade does fine in thin grass mulching, bit thick stiff it will leave a trail on the right at times. Wet of dry.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bump.....any other info about this blade?

I am on the hunt for the best mulching 21 mower. I am down to the Exmark, Honda HRC, and the Toro.

Zack

Jimslawncareservice
05-28-2012, 09:45 AM
I've been searching all over for the blade, and can't find it any where.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
05-28-2012, 11:54 AM
I've been searching all over for the blade, and can't find it any where.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you try Walmart? Seriously, they have some mulching blades that would more then likely work as good as the one in the pic. I have a Toro Personal Pace and it cut horrible with the mulching blade. I found a flat blade high lift at Walmart and installed it. It cuts great when bagging or side discharging.

johnwright238
05-28-2012, 01:32 PM
I just posted a thread inquiring about new mulching blades that make a big difference and now I see you have found one. Can you give a part number or what I need to look for?

TriCountyLawn
05-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Did you try Walmart? Seriously, they have some mulching blades that would more then likely work as good as the one in the pic. I have a Toro Personal Pace and it cut horrible with the mulching blade. I found a flat blade high lift at Walmart and installed it. It cuts great when bagging or side discharging.

I use my personal pace on a few lawns a week and decided on a whim while at lowes to get one of those Arnold gator style blades to replace the beat up Toro Atomic blade that came on the mower. Not real impressed I was just thinking about trying to find a high lift blade for it.

orangemower
05-28-2012, 03:10 PM
I use my personal pace on a few lawns a week and decided on a whim while at lowes to get one of those Arnold gator style blades to replace the beat up Toro Atomic blade that came on the mower. Not real impressed I was just thinking about trying to find a high lift blade for it.

Check Walmart. I got one and it stopped the stragglers from sticking up. Much better cut then the OEM blade.

joed
06-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Is this the new multipurpose blade that they came up with for the 2012 model year?

frotis
06-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Post the #'s that are on the blade.