PDA

View Full Version : just bought a vride new got a dealer question

vaacutabove
04-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I just picked up my 52 in V ride after demoing one since fri. The this is I get it home and see on the eng. its a manufacture date of 2010 the mower is 2 years old if im correct should I push the issue in the AM. Im just thinking about re sale. It has .5 hrs on it when I got it.

GMLC
04-02-2012, 08:29 PM
That is the engine build date. Scag's serial number will tell you what year the mower is.
Posted via Mobile Device

vaacutabove
04-02-2012, 08:54 PM
E8400432 what year does that make it?

lawns Etc
04-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Should have gotten a Scag check sheet with build date

retrodog
04-02-2012, 09:21 PM
From what I got from the Scag rep when asked this question was that on a Scag the year model is the year the dealer sells the machine, not manufacturer build date.... I know several dealers I am friends with that have mowers they have had in stock for over 2 years, but they sure aren't gonna discount and take a hit just for that fact. On every mower I sell I put the inspection tag from everymower in the packet, that shows the day it came off the assembly line. I dont have a mower in stock right now over a week old....lol

vaacutabove
04-02-2012, 09:34 PM
K so not a big deal
Posted via Mobile Device

Greenery
04-02-2012, 10:35 PM
From what I got from the Scag rep when asked this question was that on a Scag the year model is the year the dealer sells the machine, not manufacturer build date.... I know several dealers I am friends with that have mowers they have had in stock for over 2 years, but they sure aren't gonna discount and take a hit just for that fact. On every mower I sell I put the inspection tag from everymower in the packet, that shows the day it came off the assembly line. I dont have a mower in stock right now over a week old....lol

Ok, what about when they make running changes to a machine in production? If I'm forking out 6-12k for a machine I want the latest build possible. I don't care if it's only a couple bolts or an update from the engine manufacturer.
Posted via Mobile Device

retrodog
04-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Welcome to the secret world of commercial lawn mowers... guy i know bought 2 new lazers last year, on his ticket said 2011, but mowers were old body style, after calling a dealer found out they were over 2 years old. No discount and legally nothing can be done... sad his mowers are worth less and he wouldnt of minded buying them if he woulda known upfront and got a good discount
Posted via Mobile Device