PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on new mowers

SWD
12-13-2002, 09:40 AM
I am in need of a reliable 60" ZT. While at Lesco, I saw the new ZT2. For $6199 I can get a new machine with the mulching baffles.

Additionally, I viewed a Landscaper Supply 60" on their web site. Essentially the same deal, @6500 delivered to my door.

Has anyone purchased any of these machines?
Comments about these machines?
However, I do not want opinions on acquiring used equipment - even Walkers.
I have not reached a ceiling on anticipated capital expenditures due to varying costs for equipment.
I have one dealer whom I frequent, however, due to my shop set up, I am considered a warranty center as well. The dealer I frequent is more of a friend. So the dealer equation has, for all purposes, been eliminated.
Thanks for the input.
Steve

WREBELMACHINE
12-13-2002, 05:29 PM
You get what you pay for! However these might be decent starter ztr mowers.

65hoss
12-13-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by WREBELMACHINE
You get what you pay for! However these might be decent starter ztr mowers.
I agree with the statement you get what you pay for. I don't agree with the starter ztr part. These machines are to expensive for "starter" status.;)

SWD
12-14-2002, 02:13 AM
If I get what I pay for, then what are you paying?
Provided $6200 - $6,500 isn't enough, than what is fair market value for a 60" ZT?

grassdaddy
12-14-2002, 06:30 PM
2003 turftiger 61'' 27hp liquid cool kaw.9,000.What the dealer will do for you means alot.I wouldn't buy if they wouldn't give a comparable loaner if you had repairs being done.a good service dept. --very important.

longviewlawncare
12-14-2002, 07:12 PM
EXmark lazer Z 60" 27 Kaw LC is about 8600.00

Envy Lawn Service
12-14-2002, 07:35 PM
Where did $6,500 come from on on the landscaper's supply unit? The one I saw at their site was a 25/61 for $4,999. Am I looking at something different?

GrassCtr
12-15-2002, 04:18 AM
Check out the Great Dane mowers, great finance charges and service thru John Deere! Along with that a great machine!

KLMlawn
12-15-2002, 04:37 AM
Try looking at Wright Standers and Sentars, they have a 20% off promotion until Jan. 1 ,2003 ...
61" Stander 23 HP Kawi/elec - $5765
61" Sentar 25 HP Kawi/elec - $6971

Turf Technologies
12-15-2002, 09:46 AM
SWD,

Dont listen to any of them, " you get what you pay for" Lesco is a top notch machine.Ive used Lesco only, and cant say a bad word about it.Any machine will last depending on how you take care of it.Im sure most that posted here never even got on one.

wriken
12-15-2002, 09:58 AM
My starter Cub ztr is still my main mower. 50 weekly and 21 bi-weekly clients.

Grass Master
12-15-2002, 09:58 AM
You get what you pay for is 100 percent correct! You spend a little more and get better equipment from full service dealers that will back them up. My choice is Great Dane. The new 2003 units are actually built in a new factory owned by John Deere. You can buy a 61" 25 HP Kaw or Kohler for $7,399 which is an awesome deal for a mower of this quality.

Note: The reason Wright is having such a big sale is that they cannot sell the units at full price. The sentar is an unbalanced, uncomfortable machine. I think that I have tried them all over the years.

wriken
12-15-2002, 10:01 AM
My starter Cub ztr is still my main mower. 50 weekly and 21 bi-weekly clients. There good machines dont know anything about landscapers, but may be alright, probably have same thickness deck, motors, pumps and hyd motors as major brand names, don't quote me on that though.

sorry about the double post, don't know what happened.

Envy Lawn Service
12-15-2002, 03:57 PM
SWD,

If I were you, I'd demo several before making a decision. Go out and check out the expensive brands of ZTR's and demo their 25/60" machines. Then go demo a Lesco 25/60" if you can. That way you can better judge.

I've been shopping for quite some time now and I've disected every brand on the market I know of. I've found that most brands use the same engines, hydro pumps, wheel motors and the same guage steel construction. Not all, but most and they don't all perform the same either.

I think it all comes down to your preference and what works for you on your properties. That's why I say shop around and demo. By the way, the "Cub" wriken mentioned is the same amchine as the Lesco. (if you didn't already know) The Great Dane is a nice mower like they said too. I like the center sticks myself.

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong....

But if he looks at the Chariot, shouldn't he make sure the engine is set with the filter towards the rear? (like the on in the picture I'm about to post) Some of the older ones with the engine mounted sideways had trouble with the cylinder against the seat right?

Farmboy
12-16-2002, 01:51 PM
I do not know about the lesco units, but I do know that the dixie chopper and the bladerunner mowers offer a diffrent style of hydro system.