PDA

View Full Version : Weather

yourlawnguy
12-13-2002, 10:34 AM
I'm supposed to be out cutting today but this rain is so damn heavy I can't even see across the street:angry:

AltaLawnCare
12-13-2002, 11:57 AM
Its steadily raining here too, but I love it..

Maybe it'll finally end this drought!
:rolleyes:

SDlawndawg
12-13-2002, 01:23 PM
I'm watching and waiting for the snow to melt. I'm really bored.

rkbrown
12-13-2002, 01:29 PM
Rained all day yesterday. Nice today, though :)

odin
12-13-2002, 01:34 PM
its elnino causeing this crazy weather

KMSLawn
12-13-2002, 02:29 PM
Another snow event heading this way, 2-5". Not great timing with the weekend coming but it will work!

southerngent
12-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Lawnguy, I'm right down the road from you in palb Bay and it rained really heavy all morning. It just stopped about 2 o'clock. I have a brother that lives in Cocoa...off Clearlake :)

southerngent
12-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Palm Bay that is

greenngrow
12-13-2002, 04:21 PM
Hey Lawnguy,

Sure hope that the rain gets out of there before December 21.

The Douglas Family is heading your way to the BIG O. We are suckers for DWD. Going to be down there all week.

Have watching the weather for the past two weeks. Sure looks better than the last time we were there for Christmas. December of 2000 we about froze our butts off. I believe it is colder down in Flordia than it got here in KY.

Sure hope you can mow everyday we are down in your lovely state....

Envy Lawn Service
12-13-2002, 04:26 PM
Rain here in NC today too :mad:

I can't complain too much though since it has been sooo dry. I've heard a few rumors today of more snow here for tomorrow. I'm kinda hoping it's only a rumor. Remains of the last snow are still hanging around on some of my accounts.

yourlawnguy
12-13-2002, 06:00 PM
Greengrow,
Hre's the forcast, looks prety good.

Fantasy Lawns
12-13-2002, 06:15 PM
Glad to see it looks clear for next week .....Gotta mow em all before the 25th

Lucky of us we started our week early (mowed Monday's yards on Sat (all commerial anyways) .... my foreman wanted Friday the 13th off .... which worked in our favor ....but the 4-6" on Monday was brutal

greenngrow
12-13-2002, 09:15 PM
Thanks Lawnguy for the info.

The first of the week is looking good I hope the rest will be even better.

We are going to be coming back to the Port Orange area this coming summer. I already know what the weather will be then...HOT HOT HOT !!!

A real good friend of mine parent's own a home in Port Orange. We go down for the summer every other year. Hope to get with some of you guys down the area.

I have toyed with the idea of moving to the Port Orange area. Have even got a name for my lawn care biz. The Hillbilly Handyman lawn care service. My friend and I came up with the name while we were doing some fix ups to his parents house. We coming back from Lowes with the door and frame sticking out the back of his Grand AM. We had to laugh and you can imagine the looks we got going down the road.

Does anyone been to Narcoossee. I have a Uncle that owns a Bait shop/hardware/feed store. This place is one of a kind.

Again thanks for the info

KirbysLawn
12-14-2002, 01:13 AM
Rain over an 1" today, several creeks are flooding., looks like a lake.

Wern't we the ones crying about no rain all summer. ;) Yikes

dhicks
12-14-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by yourlawnguy
I'm supposed to be out cutting today but this rain is so damn heavy I can't even see across the street:angry:

I feel real sorry for you. What the temp going to be today? We have been up to our knees in snow, cold, and freezing rain. I even have to fight the dogs to get 'em to go out.

You southern boyz have all the luck.

yourlawnguy
12-14-2002, 11:36 AM
Actually I was born and raised on Long Island, N.Y. and I kinda miss the snow and cold weather but right now I'm trying to build a business and the weather is not helping

rodfather
12-14-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by KirbysLawn
Rain over an 1" today, several creeks are flooding., looks like a lake.

Wern't we the ones crying about no rain all summer. ;) Yikes

Careful what you wish for, Ray:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Envy Lawn Service
12-14-2002, 06:29 PM
yourlawnguy,

From what I heard, parts of FL got hammered with rain. Some places got like 5" I think. Dang!

Well, we got lucky. The weather missed us this time. It was sunny, cool and pretty windy all day. I was able to get some work done today! :p

stick9
12-14-2002, 08:36 PM
I'm out of Orlando now ... man .. yeah .. that was a TON of rain the past couple of days!!! Everything is squishy .. and now it's freezing out!!!!! (well, not literally .. but .. you know.)

StiCK-NIne

Toroguy
12-14-2002, 10:10 PM
I was in the Orlando area this last week near Apopka, didnt Melbourne get 5 inches with that storm? It was a 24 hour rain...now another, the mosquitos will be hungry.

I'll take a crappy December day in Florida over a nice December day in Minnesota anytime.

yourlawnguy
12-14-2002, 11:33 PM
Much better weather today no rain 60's overcast perfect working weather. I had to laugh I saw a couple other LCO's out there, they were all bundled up with three layers of clothing. I guess if I live here long enough I'll be like that too. fifteen years so far and I still feel comfortable in 60 degree weather.