PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Fridays!?!

Dr Red Shift
04-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Scheduling. Everybody canít have their lawns cut on Friday!
Any Ideas and/or Resolutions?

thanks

Golfpro21
04-03-2012, 08:51 AM
for us its about route set up................we have our Friday area set....it is the higher end properties, we fill up very fast for this area, then anyone who asks for service outside of this area is either Tuesday,Wednesday or Thursday, depending on their location, but in no way to we take on a customer who needs/demands to be cut n a day we are not in that area.

Hope it works out for you

Dr Red Shift
04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the reply. However, luckily all 25 of my clients are in the same general area(within 5mi or so)

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
04-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Scheduling. Everybody can’t have their lawns cut on Friday!

thanks

Friday is a day when all the properties that were supposed to be mowed on a day when it rained, get mowed. ( but, that rain is called a torrential downpour
cause, we also mow in light rain.)

Triple L
04-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Make sure your done fridays by 3:00 and life is good LOL :drinkup:
Posted via Mobile Device

grandview (2006)
04-03-2012, 11:37 AM
We had the same Friday people for years.So any new get a Monday or Tuesday right now. But I still book by area,I won't chase them down just because they want a Friday.

MTenterprises
04-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I guess you just have to prioritize the jobs for Friday and be efficient. Somebody will just have to be done another day.

Richard Martin
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
I fixed it. No Friday jobs. It's pretty rare that one of my customers requests a specific day anyway. I group my jobs by area so there is really no way for me to put a specific customer on a specific day. Monday I'm there, Tuesday here, Wednesday over that way and Thursday over yonder. It's the same areas on the same day of the week, year after year.

BestImpressions99
04-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Thursday should be plenty good for the folks that want it looking good for the weekend. If you wanted to break up those folks into Thursday/Friday that should be helpful. Also something to think about is you're the professional. yes, the customer is always right but you can strongly recommend. Unless you have a set up that looks like it belongs in the back of a minivan. HAHA.

32vld
04-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Tell the customer you don't schedule mows for Fridays.

Fridays are set aside for rain out days so all lawns are done before Saturdays. Then add you sometimes we may have to mow on a Saturday when there have been two rainout days in a week. So you see that this is why we don't schedule mows for Fridays.

Weekend cut easymoney
04-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Tell em that mowing on Thursdays is better as you will be able to mow on Fridays if it rains on Thusday...that way you won't disturb them on the weekend when they are trying to be outside-

knox gsl
04-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Tell the customer you don't schedule mows for Fridays.

Fridays are set aside for rain out days so all lawns are done before Saturdays. Then add you sometimes we may have to mow on a Saturday when there have been two rainout days in a week. So you see that this is why we don't schedule mows for Fridays.

Same here, I use monday as a mulch, cleanup, sales, or non-route work. Then tues., wed., thur, are mowing and friday will be a rain day. I do this so that I won't have to work on a sat. I have been working on fridays lately to get mulch jobs done but really want to keep work to 4 days a week.

SDLandscapes VT
04-03-2012, 09:17 PM
we mow thursdays and fridays only--all residential and everyone wants to look good for the weekend.....Monday-Wednesday landscaping and enhancements--if we anticipate rain we ll mow wednesday and sometimes we work saturdays

Mountain Peak
04-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I only mow close to my own house on Friday, and have customers that have been with me for a long time that want those few slots. I try to be done by 1 or 2 pm on Friday so I can make fun of the guys "working for the man" I love having a beer and loving life on Friday early afternoon.

BOSS LAWN 2343
04-03-2012, 10:06 PM
I schedule all my higher paying res. propertys for Friday. Businesses and apartments are done on Sunday (closed).

J & D Greens
04-04-2012, 12:36 AM
I mow on Monday through Thursday and save Friday to catch-up from rain delays and to do odd jobs. My wife wants me to take Saturday and Sunday off with an occasional Friday. That would be a perfect week wouldn't it?? I do have some clients that request Thursday so their lawn looks good on the week end and my commercial account wants to be cut earlier in the week. So thing come together pretty well.

weeze
04-04-2012, 12:55 AM
i only have one scheduled yard on friday so far. i guess i'm just not that full of customers yet. that leaves me room for catchup if there's rain or whatever. sometimes i do that yard on thursday and just take friday off so i can have a long weekend. :D

headz77
04-04-2012, 02:48 AM
I just say- "Sorry, I can't accomodate requests for specific days." Lost a customer last week over it.

milkie62
04-05-2012, 06:40 AM
I tell customers that Friday is reserved for rain days,unless they want me cutting at 7 am on Saturday or Sunday if it rains during the week.I do not cut on weekends,but that is what I say to them.

LHS Lawns
04-05-2012, 08:19 AM
I leave Friday open for landscaping projects or to catch up if I get rained out during the week.

I also have my own 3 acre yard to cut so that usually gets done on that day.

Nothing like getting all caught up on the customer cutting come Friday.

lawnboy dan
04-05-2012, 08:16 PM
anyone who demands friday mowing service is or will become a pita-you can count on this!

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Dang!!!! (For lack of better words!)
Am i the only one who actually schedules cuts 5 days a week?!?!!?? (Mon-Fri)

mtmower
04-05-2012, 08:27 PM
I mow Monday thru Thursday. Friday is a catch up day for rain and the like or overflow from aeration, fert/spray, etc.

jsslawncare
04-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I started last year not working on fridays. When someone ask I just say that I'm booked up already. And I too book by area only.

Duekster
04-08-2012, 01:06 PM
1 Plus on 4 day weeks at 10 hour days. Friday is catch up day or project days.

We start our Commerical accounts on Mondays as this is as important to them as Fridays are to Residential accounts. We get rain everyone is shifted one day. We do not skip then back track. Once in a while the guys get 3 day weekends.

OakNut
04-08-2012, 01:49 PM
anyone who demands friday mowing service is or will become a pita-you can count on this!

I only have two clients who requested Thurs or Fri cuts. They are my best clients.
I don't think it's unreasonable that people want their lawns to look nice for the one or two days a week that they actually have time to enjoy their lawn with their families.

Dang!!!! (For lack of better words!)
Am i the only one who actually schedules cuts 5 days a week?!?!!?? (Mon-Fri)

Heh. I tried keeping Wed and Sat open for doing "project" work, or as catch up for rain days, but I find that I'm adding more mowing on Wednesdays, so yeah, I'm mowing mostly 5-6 days a week.

yardguy28
04-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Scheduling. Everybody canít have their lawns cut on Friday!

thanks

that's an easy one. don't take requested days.

either I cut it when it fits in my schedule or I don't cut it at all. that's how I roll any way.

RLS24
04-08-2012, 08:00 PM
for us its about route set up................we have our Friday area set....it is the higher end properties, we fill up very fast for this area, then anyone who asks for service outside of this area is either Tuesday,Wednesday or Thursday, depending on their location, but in no way to we take on a customer who needs/demands to be cut n a day we are not in that area.

Hope it works out for you

Pretty much what we do. Landscape on Monday and Tuesday and then mow Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Most of what I do on Wednesday is smaller residentials, usually older people that don't really care when it gets done. It just so happens that the ones that the day doesn't really matter are in the same area. Thursdays we do all the high-end stuff that want it done for the weekend, and Friday is a mix of both. We do the commercial accounts on either saturday or sunday mornings starting this year. We're going to this because that way they get done and look good on monday morning and also theres no cars in the parking lots to worry about having to go around, blow under or damage.

Duekster
04-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I suppose I need a new class for retail store sites other than commerical. *trucewhiteflag*