PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Pro S50x 36" owners

nola lawn maintenance
04-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Anyone who owns a Snapper Pro S50x 36", could you let me know what you think good or bad. Mulching, quality of cut, rutting, etc.

shadetreelawns
04-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Pretty good mower. I have had mine about 2 years. Never had a rutting issue. It mulches pretty good but sometimes I have to double cut. I also keep sharp blades every time I cut.
Posted via Mobile Device

nola lawn maintenance
04-03-2012, 02:17 PM
shadetree, does it leave clumps of grass? or uncut blades of grass?

IS500Z
04-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I have the Ferris version of that mower, only difference is the Ferris has a suspension system, and I am pleased with it in general. It discharges well enough with dry grass, but if the grass is damp it can clump to some degree. The ICD decks apparently have solved those issues but they are only available in 48-inch and above AFAIK.

I do not mow commercially and, for what I put on the mower per year, the Briggs ELS has been fine. You might consider how many hours you intend to put on the machine in a year and if the ELS is up to those demands. I think Snapper also offers this with a Kawasaki motor but I do not believe it is their true commercial motor.

nola lawn maintenance
04-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Snapper offers 2 different motors, a Briggs and the Kawasaki. From what i've learned the Kawasaki is the commercial grade motor for this unit. My local dealer (who is very close to where i live) sells this mower with the Kawasaki for $4499. The Gravely compact pro 34 that i want is $5799. I'm a small business right now and i think the Snapper will do fine. Definitely more in my price range.

1whitetail
04-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Nola, when it comes to the small 34''-36'' zero turn mowers out there the Gravely is the most heavy duty one around. The Snapper Pro is the best bang for your buck and close to the Gravely. I prefer it to the small Toro or Exmark Phazer.

shadetreelawns
04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
I have the Kawasaki motor. My deck is the older deck that is rounded on one end. The newer decks are square and I believe the baffle kit will work on it. I only have the mulch plate on mine and it will leave a small clump of grass when I mow really thick grass. Besides that it mulches good.
Posted via Mobile Device

nola lawn maintenance
04-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Do you have the mulching blades?

shadetreelawns
04-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Yes I use mulching blades.
Posted via Mobile Device