PDA

View Full Version : 2012 YBravo 25

greenerman
04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
So I've just completed day three with my new 2012 updated Bravo 25. I am very impressed with the build quality and the "commercial" design. It bags awesome. Stuffs the catcher so tight that it's sometimes hard to empty it. (high flow catcher) I cut all day today while it poured rain and it still stuffed the catcher full. It kept on going and bagging where I new my Honda with an Accelerator catcher would get plugged. No dropping of grass clumps like a Honda HRC when you stop cutting. The deck stays very clean. The suction is amazing, you see stuff being drawn towards the deck edges as you cut. It was sucking pine cones today like a shop vac. I put on the mulch blade yesterday for a few properties and it did very well, no complaints with the cut either bagging or mulching. Time will tell as far as any durability concerns or other possible issues.

jiggz
04-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Niiiiiice!! I cant wait to get my hands on one of these i was thinking about picking up an hrc to replace my tired hi-vac.. But the more i look at the bravo online the more im leaning that way..something that size is exactally what i need. Great to see more positive reviews..this company is going to be a major player if everything keeps working out like i hear.. Good luck with it.. If its not much trouble take some pics of it some lawns after cutting..like to see more.. I need to find a dealer in my area
Posted via Mobile Device

Mikegyver
04-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Are the mulching blades from the factory or something aftermarket? If I didn't have a bunch of HRCs and parts machines to back them up I would switch over to the yBravo. Just does not make sense for me right now when I have mowers that work! But trust me these will be the last HRC 21"s I will own for now...ybravo here on out!

greenerman
04-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Yes the mulch blade is from YBravo, I don't know where they get them from. I am fed up with Honda as well, tired of the outrageous parts prices. Up until now the Honda was the only mower that worked well in the rain, which we can get a lot of. As I mentioned earlier the Bravo cuts and bags better than the Honda. However you can't beat the Honda's hydro drive performance. Yeah the drive parts are expensive to repair but it is an excellent system when working. I would like to see how the Bravo 21 inch performs as it is quite a bit lighter than a Honda.

greenerman
04-13-2012, 06:53 PM
If its not much trouble take some pics of it some lawns after cutting..like to see more..

Finally brought my camera along...

Duekster
04-13-2012, 07:51 PM
subscribe

We mulch more than bag in the south.

What is a good price on these units?

greenerman
04-28-2012, 03:51 PM
I was super stoked to find out the other day that my HRC Accelerator catcher fits the Bravo 25 like it was made for it!

GritCity_Nick
04-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh snap! Accelerator just had on their Facebook page a while back that they were making another run of those catchers, too.

Is the fit good on that Accelerator?

jtsnipe
04-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Nice looking cut and a good looking mower.Wish they had them in the east,just about ready to have one shipped.

greenerman
04-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Oh snap! Accelerator just had on their Facebook page a while back that they were making another run of those catchers, too.

Is the fit good on that Accelerator?

Yes the fit is almost perfect. I couldn't believe my luck when I decided to try it. What a fluke.

MillerIn503
01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
I was super stoked to find out the other day that my HRC Accelerator catcher fits the Bravo 25 like it was made for it!

Where may I ask, did you get that accelerator catcher? Yeah, I am one of the newbie solo guys on this site. So glad I ran across the YBravo 25" model reviews before picking up a 21". Especially living in a wet area(Portland,OR).

This site is awesome...

greenerman
01-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Hiya MillerIn503. I got my Accelerator at my dealers. The company hasn't made them ( Honda model ) for a few years now but there are rumors that they may produce some again. I would get in touch with Accelerator.

JFGLN
02-27-2013, 10:08 PM
So I've just completed day three with my new 2012 updated Bravo 25. I am very impressed with the build quality and the "commercial" design. It bags awesome. Stuffs the catcher so tight that it's sometimes hard to empty it. (high flow catcher) I cut all day today while it poured rain and it still stuffed the catcher full. It kept on going and bagging where I new my Honda with an Accelerator catcher would get plugged. No dropping of grass clumps like a Honda HRC when you stop cutting. The deck stays very clean. The suction is amazing, you see stuff being drawn towards the deck edges as you cut. It was sucking pine cones today like a shop vac. I put on the mulch blade yesterday for a few properties and it did very well, no complaints with the cut either bagging or mulching. Time will tell as far as any durability concerns or other possible issues.

Hi Greenerman:waving:, Are you still happy with the Bravo? I'm down here in Olympia and we currently use Honda commercial mowers. Can you use the Bravo daily like the Honda?

smallstripesnc
02-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi Greenerman:waving:, Are you still happy with the Bravo? I'm down here in Olympia and we currently use Honda commercial mowers. Can you use the Bravo daily like the Honda?

I'm very interested in the Ybravo 25. I don't really need it since I have a few 21 inchers and mainly use a 36in walk behind or a 52in zero turn but I've heard the Ybravo mowers cut great when wet and for them days when I normally call it a day because of afternoon thunderstorms the Ybravo could be the ticket to still be able to cut.

Its definitely meant for commercial use and I'm sure it could handle daily use. Also the 25 inch model will more than likely have a Kawasaki engine option available in May or June of this year I was told.

oqueoque
01-08-2014, 08:28 PM

Mr. greenerman are you still with us. If so, how has that Bravo 25 worked out the last two years. Should we consider it a better mower than the Honda.

JFGLN
02-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Haven't heard much about these lately. Any updates?

Exact Rototilling
02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Mr. greenerman are you still with us. If so, how has that Bravo 25 worked out the last two years. Should we consider it a better mower than the Honda.

What I have seen of the cut quality [maybe most here run dull blades...?] and general grouse factor about them I would not own a HRC 21.

My yBravo25 will leave a nicer cut. I absolutely love running an OREGON® G6 on mine. Even a G3 blade works pretty well even with mulch plug. Factory mulch blade is lower lift
. If you have the (2) bolt spindle you will need to drill the blade. Be prepared to ruin many drill bits. I have 5/8's spindle and you Flat out need to ditch the shortish factory bolt with a much longer one.

Posted via Mobile Device

oqueoque
02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
How difficult is it to get parts for these or to have them serviced? The dealer close to me is not close. A couple hours drive. Does this company make other equipment? I would be worried about them going out of business and not being able to get parts. These mowers are not common around me. I never saw one being used.

Exact Rototilling
02-21-2014, 01:05 AM
Order parts on the Co. Website.
Posted via Mobile Device