PDA

View Full Version : Competitive Pricing. Am I charging too much or too little?

NYLawns
04-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Here's my site: http://nylawns.com/html/#
You can see the services we provide on there. We're looking to acquire a bunch of new clients but I haven't seen much competition around to know if my prices are right. Would you guys take a look at let me know what you think? Thanks in advanced.

grandview (2006)
04-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Making my head spin! So for an extra 20 bucks you'll trim around the whole tree? You really do have and sqft or yard size to compare your prices.

jrs.landscaping
04-03-2012, 08:45 PM
If you have no competition then you can price accordingly. Our problem is we are saturated with LCO's because we are close to the seacoast so pricing is all over the place. Check out other LCO's from neighboring towns or counties. If you are in the ballpark and provide a quality service you should do alright picking up new clients.

NYLawns
04-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Making my head spin! So for an extra 20 bucks you'll trim around the whole tree? You really do have and sqft or yard size to compare your prices.

Haha, yeah I need to make some of them more valuable. I meant full trimming including up against the house etc. As opposed to just a quick lawn cut. Should I put $xx/acre?

grandview (2006)
04-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Only if you cut acre lawns only
maybe up to xxxsqft

Jimslawncareservice
04-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Price it what you need to make a profit. What good will those bunch of accounts do if you make no money or loose money? I myself raised prices and let some go. Now I will make more and less headaches.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
04-04-2012, 02:14 AM
I gotta say, I really like the look of your website. I don't care in the slightest for the descriptions, they're confusing. And when you click on a live link nothing happens. And a click on the services link takes a person to your Facebook page, which does not have a list of services. It is the most dysfunctional website I've ever seen.

NYLawns
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey, you're right. I just put the website up yesterday. I haven't finished it yet. Same with descriptions, I know what I wanted to say but its almost like writers block trying to fill them all in so quickly. Thanks!

tonygreek
04-13-2012, 03:28 PM
You've got some elements from the template you used that probably shouldn't still be a part of your site.