PDA

View Full Version : December's Turf Mag. "Talkin bout my gear forum"

lawnkid
12-13-2002, 04:56 PM
I just got my December Turf Magazine today and I was browsing through the "talkin bout my gear section" and I see BushHogBoy's old Scag STHM mower on there. I took the time to read the article and I don't know if someone's tryin to insult him or what but it was a little inapropriate I think. Unless Eric wrote that, that's just not cool fella's. :confused: That's just low and not needed. Here's the article if you don't get TURF:

Name: Joe Blow
Anywhere U.S.A.

"I is Joe Blow, I cut grass for folks. I use an old Scag mower that I got from my neighbor's inurance company ( i don't have none). They said that a mowing guy got it coaught on fire and well I could keep it for free. Well, we(me'n Bubba) got it runnin and use it everyday. it cuts kinda perty, 'specially with them thar original blades, you know the kinds with the wings on them for extra lift? They's kinda rusty n' dinged up, but Bubba says that that just makes 'em better. He probly right. It's tarrs are flat
but it don't leave marks on the yard that a'way. The seat is pretty cumfy too,'specially after i patched 'er up with some duct tape. It's a little rusty but that's allraht. i think it the best mower they is. Everyone oughts ta get 'em somethin' like this here mower i gots. ere is a photygraph of my mower."

FrankenScagMachines
12-13-2002, 05:02 PM
Hey I wrote that a while back when Jim was asking for articles, as a kind of joke I put it on lawnsite and made up the story with it... hehe.... the joke's on me! ;) :p :blush: :cool:
Eric
AKA "Joe Blow's Mows" :p

PS I didn't expect him to print it and i doubt I'll get the $50 check for it either LOL.. I broke out laughing when I saw they actually printed it..

lawnkid
12-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Oh ok Eric, It's cool. I just didn't want anybody pickin on us young guys, that's all :D Peace

kppurn
12-13-2002, 05:31 PM
I was wondering what that was all about. I thought to myself, "what the heck is this?" :dizzy: :D

65hoss
12-13-2002, 05:50 PM
I'm suprised they actually put that in the mag. ugh!

FrankenScagMachines
12-13-2002, 05:52 PM
I was hoping it would be good fer a laugh or two LOL.

mdb landscaping
12-13-2002, 07:54 PM
i read it too, but didnt get it.:dizzy:

bubble boy
12-13-2002, 07:58 PM
bad call by the editor

wmsland
12-13-2002, 08:17 PM
I bet that the editor will be getting a few phone calls. Personally I thought it was in really poor taste. Not very professional.

FrankenScagMachines
12-13-2002, 08:24 PM
Hey I didn't mean for them to publish it :rolleyes:
Can't you see the humor in it instead of bashing a FREE! magazine???? Jeez you guys are pathetically ungrateful!
:p

Soupy
12-13-2002, 11:34 PM
I too thought it was strange to print it. I read that just before I logged on tonight, and was going to post a thread about it but you guys beat me to it.

greenman
12-14-2002, 12:18 AM
I read it too, but I thought it was from the Lawn Chopique:D Sounds just like him. Amazing!

mklawnman
12-14-2002, 01:14 AM
:dizzy: I was confused at first too but it was really funny. Seemed sooo stupid of a letter that i was thinking, is this to make fun of the Joe Blows out there of the lawn care world.
Nice one BHB :D
Matt

DLCS
12-14-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by wmsland
I bet that the editor will be getting a few phone calls. Personally I thought it was in really poor taste. Not very professional.

I totally agree. It looks like they might be hard up for articles.

Mike
DLCS

Randy Scott
12-14-2002, 01:31 AM
Not sure what to think about this. Hopefully no consumers can get their hands on a mag though. :rolleyes: