PDA

View Full Version : what's with the jeeps?

cos
12-13-2002, 10:12 PM
www.am-services-inc.com/ snowplow.htm

mdb landscaping
12-13-2002, 10:21 PM
thats quite a few jeeps. They make great plow vehicles for doing residentials. Plow up the driveway, turn around at the top, and plow down.

HarryD
12-13-2002, 10:23 PM
not sure but you sure wouldnt be using a jeep in up state NY for snow removal

TLS
12-13-2002, 10:32 PM
When temperatures are below 37oF our morning check team will go through your commercial property and look for icy patches that have developed overnight from gutters or run off. We then apply an ice melter to help keep those areas safe.

I was always under the assumption that 32 degrees was the freezing point!??

:dizzy:

Doogiegh
12-13-2002, 11:14 PM
Anyone know of somewhere to get a plow for a Jeep Cheroke? I'd need a direct website link if possible..

Aren't the plows very heavy for that kind of vehicle?

Gary

Tom023
12-14-2002, 03:40 AM
I'm sure the Jeeps have a practical use- (plow up, turn around, plow down), but I would think that using jeeps are very unusual as a plow vehicle, and would catch people's attention- a marketing technique? Whatever the case, it's obviously working for that guy's company, because over 1000 clients sounds like a successful operation to me.

Richard Martin
12-14-2002, 10:44 AM
TLS wrote:

When temperatures are below 37oF our morning check team will go through your commercial property and look for icy patches that have developed overnight from gutters or run off. We then apply an ice melter to help keep those areas safe.

I was always under the assumption that 32 degrees was the freezing point!??

You are correct. The only problem is that although the air where your head is may be 37 the boundry layer of air near surfaces can be below 32. An excellant example is when a car gets frost on it when the temperature is above 32. Evaporational cooling can lower temperatures in the 1 or 2 inches around a surface unless the wind is blowing hard enough to mix the boundry layer with the rest of the air.

CMerLand
12-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Gary,

You can get a 6.5 foot meyer plow to fit on the cherokee. I called my dealer the other day and Meyers does make a mount for the cherokee. Where in Central Jersey are you? You might be able to call my dealer to locate one.

Im sure other plows are available, just happened to be looking into Meyers because I already have a pump and 7.5 foot blade.

CMerrick

lawncare3
12-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Damn that's a lot of jeeps

stslawncare
12-14-2002, 04:07 PM
rather interesting, plows on jeeprs are very popular around here. shouldnt this be at plowsite?

General Grounds
12-14-2002, 05:03 PM
:blob3: Gary, according to the new western catalog that i got at Seely they now have a plow to use on smaller utility veh., you could also try Jersey Truck equipt, they have meyers and i know for sure they have my bud bought one last week there. tony

gogetter
12-15-2002, 02:58 AM
Forget the jeeps, what's with the "Spring and Fall Leaf Raking "??!?. :dizzy:

Gravely_Man
12-17-2002, 03:52 PM
You gentlemen are correct. The Jeep is a very good vehicle for doing residential accounts due to it extremely tight turning radius. The only thing is that you really have to keep up with the snowfall as you really don't have the push you would have with a "bigger" truck. That is most likely the case for the 1.0 trigger on plowing and not just a scheme to get the customers money. If they let it pile up too much they will not be able to move it.

Gravely_Man

GraZZmaZter
12-17-2002, 04:09 PM
I would put a lift kit on a jeep, and take it out in the mud. As for snowplowing ... ???? I think i will stick with the pickups! If it works for ya though, than i say go for it!

Shadetree Ltd
12-17-2002, 04:12 PM
I have no idea of the length of their snow season, but that is a lot of overhead for vehicles that IMO are not prarical for work the rest of the year. My plows are on work trucks that have the ability to make me money EVERYDAY of the year. There is at least 12 Jeeps in that picture, that is a lot of initial capitol or monthly payments and lots in insurance premiums. I would imagine that they are great light duty plow vehicles, but that doesn't justify the rest of the year.

Scott

bubble boy
12-17-2002, 07:23 PM
fair amount of them here. you can always get a trailer for the summer.

but they are limited. we considered one but decided why comprimise. i've never personally liked them much anyway .