PDA

View Full Version : Toro Timemaster is Bad!

stephen424
04-04-2012, 08:02 PM
i bought this mower to use on my lawn ONLY, but decided to take it out last week for a couple backyards and small front yards.

i can't get the thing to bag without clogging to save my life. i tried to cut a lawn that was 10% clovers - NO LUCK! it clogged when i tried to bag, clogged when i tried to side discharge and i wasn't about to mulch clovers.

like i said, i only used it on my lawn, in "perfect" conditions. it worked ok. but my lawn is in perfect condition. anything lawn less than perfect....forget about it

lawnboy dan
04-05-2012, 07:18 PM
gee-where is all the love for this miricle mower that everybody couldnt wait to buy?

THEGOLDPRO
04-05-2012, 07:27 PM
lol @ the 20 threads of people bashing the toro timemaster. I was one of the first people to call it garbage when i first saw it and everyone jumped down my throat about it.

1whitetail
04-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Last month it was the greatest thing since the invention of the rotary mower and it was going to put all ZTR's and bush hogs into extinction. Now this month it is hated and trashed more than a Murray or Craftsman mower. :rolleyes:

yardguy28
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM
had my first look at the timemaster today at my dealer.

nice looking machine for a homeowner. dealer said homeowners love them. she can't keep them in stock. she also agreed with me in that they are not for commercial use and anyone using them or selling them for commercial use should be shot.

so I'm gonna have to ignore all the reviews on here saying they suck since you guys are trying to use them in commercial settings.

alpha_lawncare
05-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Its a great mower for 1000 bucks... I have about 20 lawns a week a do including a massive estate with long thick grass that takes me 4 hours... Went there and laid down a WAY BETTER CUT then the riding lawn mowers the previous lawn care companies where using...
My clients were impressed, so was I!!!

Exact Rototilling
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Yes Iíve renamed mine the Toro ClogMaster 30. :laugh:

Set the rear of the deck one notch higher...helps slightly. I have an assortment of blades on hand pending modification.

It is NOT a primary use mower in any way shape or form. It is a niche mower for me. There are several accounts I use it on exclusively to save time. Despite itís short comings I believe the mower is worth having.....time will tell.

:waving:

orangemower
05-03-2012, 11:06 AM
lol @ the 20 threads of people bashing the toro timemaster. I was one of the first people to call it garbage when i first saw it and everyone jumped down my throat about it.

Saying "I told you so" wouldn't be to harsh would it? :laugh:

bohiaa
05-03-2012, 09:18 PM
I never herd of it ?

Is it a 21" mower ?

If so, the last 21" I purchased was 1700.00

REMEMBER you almost get what you pay for

MJB
05-03-2012, 10:34 PM
This is a niche mower. To be used on nice dry weed free lawns. If used right it will save time and money , mulching or bagging this summer is where it will save time. If this is your only mower you should reconsider especially in the spring time when its wet and overgrown.

Chilehead
05-03-2012, 10:35 PM
You know, I finally got around to seeing one of these things two days ago. Just looking at it, one could guess that it would clog. The deck is way too shallow, and not baffled properly.

yardguy28
05-04-2012, 04:30 PM
from what the dealers tell me the homeowners LOVE this mower and it performs very well in the conditions we have right now. which is long sometimes wet tall fescue and kentucky blue grass.

and the dealers aren't trying to sell me one so I know there not talking it up for my benefit. they said this mower is not for commercial guys and anyone selling as a commercial unit or to commercial guys should be shot.

Valk
05-04-2012, 06:04 PM
So, you're saying we should just shoot these guys NOW?? lol :gunsfirin

Looking forward to November when a season's worth of verdict is in.

Sincerely, I hope it's the fountain of youth as far as mowers go...just got my doubts...especially about those timed blades.

joe crumpler services
05-04-2012, 11:26 PM
A thousand bucks for a "consumer" grade mower? I remember being told as a boy..."Some people have more money than common sense."
BTW...I notice Hustler does'nt market a push mower any more. It was just a Honda with different paint @ graphics.

OakNut
05-04-2012, 11:43 PM
had my first look at the timemaster today at my dealer.

nice looking machine for a homeowner. dealer said homeowners love them. she can't keep them in stock. she also agreed with me in that they are not for commercial use and anyone using them or selling them for commercial use should be shot.

so I'm gonna have to ignore all the reviews on here saying they suck since you guys are trying to use them in commercial settings.

from what the dealers tell me the homeowners LOVE this mower and it performs very well in the conditions we have right now. which is long sometimes wet tall fescue and kentucky blue grass.

and the dealers aren't trying to sell me one so I know there not talking it up for my benefit. they said this mower is not for commercial guys and anyone selling as a commercial unit or to commercial guys should be shot.

Is there an echo in here?