PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge for this job?

BandBLawncare
04-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Apartment complex we cut wants 10 beds with 3 bushes each taken out and replaced with rock. We can dump on site in the woods so that is not a real issue. 2 man crew I have some pictures about 30 total bushes beds are 3 ft by 12 ft

http://i41.tinypic.com/2jcxz8.jpg

next is removing 21 railroad ties used for parking and replacing them

How much would you charge for the labor on each job Thanks for your help
http://i43.tinypic.com/makja0.jpg

BandBLawncare
04-05-2012, 07:37 PM
my guess was around 500 for labor

grandview (2006)
04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Labor time depends on how fast those shrubs come out. The ties will need to be dug out and the ground leveled out. Also If you can drive to dump the stone in the beds or if you have to wheel barrow it.

BandBLawncare
04-05-2012, 07:55 PM
might pull the shrubs out with a four wheeler or truck, and I can drive up to the beds to dump the stone

grandview (2006)
04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Rip out the black edging dig it out a couple of inches add weed barrier also.

lukemelo216
04-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Just for those shrubs your talking probably about an entire day for demo and prep for the stone. You cant just go in and start ripping out. Need to get a locate, and if theres lines around there its going to be longer. Stone your looking at about 2 hours for install probably. Probably looking at 700-800 for demo and prep, and then another 200 for installing the stone (plus all materials.)

For those railroad ties, your probably looking at the rest of that second day. So probably another 550-700 for that.

jhouchins
04-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Just for those shrubs your talking probably about an entire day for demo and prep for the stone. You cant just go in and start ripping out. Need to get a locate, and if theres lines around there its going to be longer. Stone your looking at about 2 hours for install probably. Probably looking at 700-800 for demo and prep, and then another 200 for installing the stone (plus all materials.)

For those railroad ties, your probably looking at the rest of that second day. So probably another 550-700 for that.

He is about right on.

I would be about $1,000 for labor. Rock and railroad ties aren't real fun to work with.

$500 seems low.

lukemelo216
04-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Exactly the stuff looks really simple and easy but someone who has dealt with this stuff before knows it isnt. Me, I always assume the worst is going to happen. If I was going to pull those bushes out with a loader, which is what my plan would be, my guys would first dig out all of the bushes, cut the roots (since we are right next to the building and a sidewalk. Then pull them out. Next you need to get the other roots out, then level the area back out. You will need to bring in some soil to level out the area just so you can prepare it for rock. Weed Fabric, then rock. i figure on about 3 hours per bed or so. That comes out to 30 hours for just the beds. Id be anywhere from 1300-1600 for labor on that plus materals. The railroad ties is about right $700 or so. Probably about a 2500 project or so with materials.