PDA

View Full Version : Gravley or exmark?

Bears Lawn Service
04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Gravley or ex mark? Witch one and why? I run Gravley right now but thinking about changing

waters lawn care
04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
:confused:WHY I have no complaints with gravely i run a 152,252pro turn.

Bears Lawn Service
04-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Just seeing what people think I see a lot of talk on here about exmark I love my Gravleys but I'm always looking for something better. I don't know much about exmark there's not any dealers close by so I was just wondering what people thought.

LawnMan19
04-05-2012, 06:22 PM
A lot of people like exmark's but if their aren't any dealers close by you can't really demo one, and if the dealers are pretty far away I would stick to Gravley's just cause their dealer support near you.

GMLC
04-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Check out my review of the new Gravely 400 series. I think it will be a game changer. My review will continue as we start to cut up north.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=375000

Bashby
04-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I'd stick with something with a dealer close by... it would suck to have to drive a couple hours to get a part.

mtmower
04-05-2012, 08:23 PM
On paper I like everything about the Gravely 400 except maybe the deck. Time will tell. Demo both.

LawnMan19
04-06-2012, 01:33 AM
I'd stick with something with a dealer close by... it would suck to have to drive a couple hours to get a part.

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin.

justanotherlawnguy
04-06-2012, 03:18 AM
On paper I like everything about the Gravely 400 except maybe the deck. Time will tell. Demo both.

The deck is kind of the most important feature, don't you think???
Posted via Mobile Device

mtmower
04-06-2012, 10:33 AM
The deck is kind of the most important feature, don't you think???
Posted via Mobile Device

Deck definitely ranks up there at the top. I should clarify, that this deck my be great for southern grasses, Im waiting to see what does in damp, thick, fine, northern fescue. If it proves to cut as well or better than the other brands I'm looking at, and is built just as well, then a 460 may very well be my next mower.

Bears Lawn Service
04-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Check out my review of the new Gravely 400 series. I think it will be a game changer. My review will continue as we start to cut up north.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=375000

Great review that's awesome that you got to go there

Brown & Co.
04-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Have not used either and Im just as content...Hmm that equipment but be the same as mine...I wonder who spent less on it? Im not really here to compare anything just making a point...Its a waste of time to compare the two...when theres something out there that cheaper and supplys the same exact results.

GMLC
04-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Have not used either and Im just as content...Hmm that equipment but be the same as mine...I wonder who spent less on it? Im not really here to compare anything just making a point...Its a waste of time to compare the two...when theres something out there that cheaper and supplys the same exact results.

In my opinion and experience the results are not the same between manufacturers. Yes they all cut grass but cut quality in different conditions varies greatly between them all. Also build quality/fit and finish are quite different.
Posted via Mobile Device

mtmower
04-11-2012, 11:27 AM

It may be fine for a home owner or very small commercial guy doing it as a second job, but when you're depending on it as the sole sorce to provide for your family there is a very big difference. As GMLC stated, QOC alone can be huge. Speed and size of the machine increases productivity tons. Longevity is a factor. If you are to push a lighter built unit as hard as the big commercial units are pushed you can bet you'd never see 3000-4000 hrs. before scrapping it. Again this may not be a big deal for someone that is only putting on 50 hrs a season and not running it to the wall constantly. Low overhead is the name of the game and the best way to make profit. They wouldn't build and market lighter duty units if there wasn't a need for them, but you get what you pay for. That being said the industry has improved machines across the board and even the cost effective models can do some impressive things.