PDA

View Full Version : how to get business in a big city

delta_ag
12-14-2002, 01:21 AM
I am trying to get started a lawn service next year and was wondering how to get started in a big city? I would like to use direct mail but I don't know how to get started using this method. I was wondering if anyone has tried this method of advertising and been successful?

strickdad
12-14-2002, 03:01 AM
well delta ag welcome to lawnsite. there is a world of information on this site and you will learn alot from it. now to answer your question. the easiest way to get started is word of mouth... talk to friends realtives co-workers etc. you will pick up a couple of jobs this way. then what will happen is there friends neigbores etc. will ask about you. it will be slow at first but word will spread, and you will be getting more and more . then after you have made a little money and find you want to make an investment in yourself, go to a broder form of advertizeing such as yellow pages, (my favorite) newspaper, direct mail, flyers.. remember you are at the right place to get all the info. you need to get your biz up and running if you have other questions try to look under the search feature and see if you can find the answer in past post on your topic. otherwise there are thousands of people here that can help you..