PDA

View Full Version : stihl vs. husqvarna

Z's Lawncare
04-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Im looking at a husqvarna 326ls and stihl fs100rx which do you think is better and post some pics of them.Any help would be appreciated

mowerman90
04-06-2012, 10:45 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. In other words, go for the 2 cycle Husky. Simple design with no valves to adjust or valve train to break down. I've owned Husky's for many years and have found them to be extremely reliable. I love the power to weight ratio. I've owned Echo, Stihl, Shindawia and would choose the Husky over any of those brands.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I have stihl 110 my dealer stop carring Husq or I still running them the Husq 332 is a horse use to run Husq from mid 90s to 06

ashgrove landscaping
04-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Husq hands down. Total workhorse and light. runs on water practically.

SwatDawg15
04-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Huskys without a doubt.. Best trimmer out there IMO.

ShooterK2
04-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Starting my third season (part time, about 25 accounts) with my FS 100 RX. I started with a FS 130, but retired it to hedge trimmer duty after getting the FS 100 RX. It's just so much lighter, I'm not near as tired at the end of the day with it.

I've never owned a Husqvarna so I can't make a comparison for you.

Bunton Guy
04-07-2012, 05:37 AM
I've got two husky 326's both are 2010 models. Love them.....

When its time for more hand helds I will be back getting more Husqvarnas.

michaelee2
04-07-2012, 09:18 AM
I have a 90R stihl and a 326 husky and both are very good weedeaters. I really could not recommend one over the other. The husky is just a little lighter

XYZLawnPros
04-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I have used both Stihl and Husqvarna. I am an absolutely anal
S.O.B. when it comes to maintenance on my machines. You
would be surprised at how the longevity of these machines plays
out in the long run with just a little care and know how.

That being said, in my opinion, the Husqy's seem to run better
and break down alot less than the Stihl's I have used. I treat the
Husqy's and Stihl's exactly the same when it comes to maintaining
them. In the end in my experience the Husqvarna machines tend
to outperform the Stihl's.

Fact: I just came from my small engine mechanics shop. I was
dropping off 2 Stihl 031AV's that I was given for free because the
original owner was sick and tired of always replacing parts on them
over the last 15 to 20 years.(Note. those model Stihls are impossible
to get parts for anymore, so I have 2 intact machines and all I asked
of my mechanic was to see if he could get one in good working order.)
Alas when I arrived at his shop and just glancing at one of his tables,
there were roughly 30 Stihl chainsaws and trimmers just waiting to be
worked on. Some as new as last fall and some a few years old. Not to
my surprise there was a single Husqy chainsaw sitting there. And again
I always ask the mechanic why so many Stihl's? His reply was that he
doesn't make any money off the Husqvarna machines, but constantly
fixing broken Stihl's was like a gold mine.

Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Seeing the truth with my
own eyes always makes my choice for buying equipment that much
easier.

brc1989
04-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Where I work, we have the Stihl FS90R's and Husqvarna 326LS's I would say go with the Husquvarna it's a lot lighter and still has good power to it, just a little less than the Stihls. Plus the bump head is easier to restring than the Stihls slightly.

ClassicLawnCareInc
04-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I have used both through the years and prefer the Husqvarnas for weed eaters. They run great, are lightweight and arent very expensive. I go 40 minutes away to my closest Husy dealer. Now for stick sidewalk edgers I do prefer Stihl.

2stroked
04-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I love husqvarna, I have a old 322l Trimmer that will fire up on the 1st or 2nd pull and is ready to work as soon as it starts, no bog or anything it's just ready to work. I have 2 trimmers and 3 blowers made by them and they are all great. Husqvarna 100 percent.

Z's Lawncare
04-07-2012, 10:08 PM
thanks guys i have a fs110 and it is having problems again so im going to stop by my dealer and check one out

Flatop
04-08-2012, 04:30 PM
thumbs up for husky. much lighter.

Alan0354
04-08-2012, 10:24 PM
From reading posts for the last 5 years, there is no comparison. I yet to read a reliability complain on the original Husqvarna trimmers yet.......I mean original 326,223,323 Husqvarnas, not the Redmax Husky want to be. I don't want to be called trashing Stihl, they have their share of complains. from reading posts, Stihl products usually have problem when they first come out, seems like they eventually fix it, but they seems to prefer running field trial with customers. I have seen complains on the new FS70, I am sure they will eventually fix it like their other products.

ommegang
05-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I picking up a 326ls after researching here. Would never have considered a Husky w/o reading here. Reliability and weight most impotant. The husky trimmers have been on b/o for a few weeks accross the country. I currently use an 02" cub cadet and shindawa 22T homepro that vibrates alot. Getting an Ariens Two-stage blower with it so, neg $50 off the trimmer as well as $650 off the blower. Can't wait to use the Husky trimmer - he just called and said it was in. Now the blower on the other hand, I'm not looking forward to using. Anyone looking for a 2011 9'2 Boss VXT?

herler
05-06-2012, 02:19 PM
About a year or two ago I walked into the Stihl dealership because I was looking into buying a 20" barred saw (so probably a Farm Boss) and the guy was on the phone when I walked in, although from the way he was talking it could also be that he "picked up" the phone when he saw me coming because he didn't pay me no mind at all as I stood right in front of him and waited, and waited...

He was acting all "important" and doing all that store owner stuff asking for advice over the phone like it's going to take a while what do I do and right just short of me telling him what I thought he could do I finally asked him what the deal was and I was pretty much told my money was no good unless I was spending at least 20 grand a year.
Oh yeah, it was one of those.
That was the last I could take of Stihl, their proprietary parts dealers and their poop don't stink attitude.

I went and bought a 455 Rancher online (can't buy Stihls that way) and I tell you, not only was a refurbished model $100 cheaper than the Boss but it runs and looks as good as new and it is one nice saw, review after review and my own experience with the $300 Rancher puts it right on par with the $400 Boss.
The only drawback is the lack of a picco chain but I can tolerate that, besides Oregon chains and bars are cheaper as well.

I did eventually find another store nearby that also stocks Stihls and their attitude and demeanor towards me was much nicer, so today I am not totally impartial towards either brand but I am just as quick to pick up either one because they are just as good.

weeze
05-06-2012, 02:47 PM
the husqvarnas are the best trimmers out there. 2 stroke or 4 stroke. i prefer the 4 strokes. they have honda engines on them.

clydebusa
05-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I have used both Stihl and Husqvarna. I am an absolutely anal
S.O.B. when it comes to maintenance on my machines. You
would be surprised at how the longevity of these machines plays
out in the long run with just a little care and know how.

That being said, in my opinion, the Husqy's seem to run better
and break down alot less than the Stihl's I have used. I treat the
Husqy's and Stihl's exactly the same when it comes to maintaining
them. In the end in my experience the Husqvarna machines tend
to outperform the Stihl's.

Fact: I just came from my small engine mechanics shop. I was
dropping off 2 Stihl 031AV's that I was given for free because the
original owner was sick and tired of always replacing parts on them
over the last 15 to 20 years.(Note. those model Stihls are impossible
to get parts for anymore, so I have 2 intact machines and all I asked
of my mechanic was to see if he could get one in good working order.)
Alas when I arrived at his shop and just glancing at one of his tables,
there were roughly 30 Stihl chainsaws and trimmers just waiting to be
worked on. Some as new as last fall and some a few years old. Not to
my surprise there was a single Husqy chainsaw sitting there. And again
I always ask the mechanic why so many Stihl's? His reply was that he
doesn't make any money off the Husqvarna machines, but constantly
fixing broken Stihl's was like a gold mine.

Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Seeing the truth with my
own eyes always makes my choice for buying equipment that much
easier.

This all could be true , but stihl out numbers husky 20 to 1. In fact out of 10 LCO I personally know none run husky, probably 150 different hand held machines.

GMLC
05-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I have run Stihl for many years with zero problems.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alan0354
05-06-2012, 04:50 PM
This all could be true , but stihl out numbers husky 20 to 1. In fact out of 10 LCO I personally know none run husky, probably 150 different hand held machines.

It is all regional. Shindaiwa and Echo are big here. It is not for the lack of Stihl dealer, every dealer carry Stihl and always has the biggest display. It is just not popular. Mainly seen road side city workers using them only.
Yes Husky is no where near as popular, but having ZERO reliability complains for the last few years said very loud and highly. Stihl has a love hate things going on, some has good experience, some don't.

dajones9
05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
I've used the 326 for 7 years and have only replace the fuel and air filter.

weeze
05-06-2012, 09:31 PM
stihl is german

husqvarna is swedish

Alan0354
05-07-2012, 04:00 AM
If the reliability is like German cars, it is not good news. The ultimate driving machines tend to stay in the shop, Mercedes is know to be unreliable. About the only brand that is above average is Porche. Hyndai is kicking the German cars' bud in reliability department.