PDA

View Full Version : Making the change

Lawn132012
04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
I know I mentioned this before but I am really pumped up about making the change from not using fertilizers this year and can not wait to see the difference in my bottomline this year. The product will not only reduce my cost per 1000 sq/ft but the reduction in pesticides, fungicides and herbicides. Very excited to see how much the change will actually be this year.

Anyone else trying something different this year in with lawn treatments?

grandview (2006)
04-07-2012, 05:01 AM
What? More info please.

White Gardens
04-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Yep, confused myself.

Smallaxe
04-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Stop using ferts&'cides, would reduce the cost/K... I believe a lot of both are way overdone for our growing season, but to go w/out entirely would be a big change in the wrong direction... change, is not always a good thing ... :)

White Gardens
04-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Stop using ferts&'cides, would reduce the cost/K... I believe a lot of both are way overdone for our growing season, but to go w/out entirely would be a big change in the wrong direction... change, is not always a good thing ... :)

My thoughts too. Even if you axe out synthetic ferts, you would still need to add some organic fertilizer.

It's all about balance. I've got some clients with yards that need fertilizer regularly for good turf, and I've got some also that need maybe two applications a season at best.

I tend to do applications on a situational basis and per round techniques are only a recommendation in our book.