PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have quality issues in Green Touch rack

appalachianoutdoors
04-07-2012, 08:33 AM
I ordered a hedge trimmer rack and a multipurpose rack for my enclsed trailer. They shipped fast and were here in 2-3 days. Hedge trimmer rack looked great with the vinyl and ability to lock the trimmer in. But...my multipurpose rack definitely had quality issues from the factory. Two spot welds were broken and the powder coat was peeling. I had similar issues with the powder coating and welds on the 4 position Xtreme trimmer holder. Anyone else had quality issues from the quality? :usflag:

Oakleaf landscape
04-07-2012, 09:08 AM
No issues with mine, but double check today. I would send that back, that's awful. For the price they charge, you would think quality control would have caught that.

ashgrove landscaping
04-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Jungle Jims racks. Normal price and simple no pins. Practically no touch.

appalachianoutdoors
04-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Here are some pics of the welds from my Green Touch Extreme trimmer rack. Not to be picky, but the quality could be stepped up a bit. The rack works great, but no effort was put into assuring the final look and welds were up to par. Buy China products and you get China quality. :usflag:

THEGOLDPRO
04-07-2012, 12:41 PM
lol yea that looks pretty crappy. They must have hired a few new guys who had about 3 hours of experiance welding that month.

zak406
04-07-2012, 06:08 PM
lol yea that looks pretty crappy. They must have hired a few new guys who had about 3 hours of experiance welding that month.

Agreed its not a hard part to weld if you would take 5 minutes out of there time.

blk90s13
04-08-2012, 04:35 AM
that's booger welding !

v6rs97
04-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Yea I complained in a thread about the welds. Embarrassing is the word for them. There was also a chip in the powder coat that they touched up with paint. I expected better.

appalachianoutdoors
04-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Called trailerracks.com yeaterday and was told that a new one was overnighted to me with a return authorization for the damaged one. Maybe more of us with quality issues on Green Touch products should post some pics here until manufacturing issues improve or for others to see before maling a purchase.
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
04-10-2012, 09:59 AM
I like the design of the rack but the quality lacks. Bad welds, cheap hardware and flakey powder coating are my concerns. I still use mine and it works great.
Posted via Mobile Device

appalachianoutdoors
04-10-2012, 10:28 AM
I like the design of the rack but the quality lacks. Bad welds, cheap hardware and flakey powder coating are my concerns. I still use mine and it works great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ditto...
Posted via Mobile Device

ReddensLawnCare
04-10-2012, 11:25 AM
I bought one this spring and I have been satisfied with it for the most part, it does its job, just not the best. THe quality was certainly lacking on mine, and the welds look horrible. I had to get a file to the female part of the connection where the motor end of the shaft is inserted because of all the splatter from the weld. The other problem I had was that the locks they sent SUCKED! I actually spent about 30 minutes on a job trying to get the lock to open. I replaced it and all the locks on my trailer with some masters on the same key and called them about the issues. The customer service was fantastic as they offered to send me a trimmer string holder for free. It made it better for me, but I am not crazy about the string holder. As far as them keeping my equipment secure, I coudnt be more pleased. O yeah, my powder coat sucks as well

appalachianoutdoors
04-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Called trailerracks.com yeaterday and was told that a new one was overnighted to me with a return authorization for the damaged one. Maybe more of us with quality issues on Green Touch products should post some pics here until manufacturing issues improve or for others to see before maling a purchase.
Posted via Mobile Device
As a follow up, Matt with trailerracks.com mailed me a new multiuse rack to replace the damaged one. I appreciate the customer svc but i wish there was more company effort to improve quality and production issues.
Posted via Mobile Device