PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer difference between brands?

Axl
04-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Can somebody clarify as to what or if there is any difference between enclosed trailer brands...(sure trac, royal cargo, wells cargo, haulmark, etc)

I am not talking about comparing entry level trailers to fully equipped ones, Im referring to similarly speced (16" OC walls/floors, Landscape package, etc.)

Is there a difference when going from one company to the next as I have been trying to price out trailers and have gotten quotes from 7k-10k.

Options im looking at are 16"OC walls/floors, screwless exterior, 10k gvw, extended tongue, thicker plywood walls, heavy duty treated floor, etc.

jnrogers
04-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I have researched these over the past several years. I bought an outback from Pace and it is ok but I wished I had bought one with the landscape package that is a little more commercial grade. Wells Cargo is the best on the market but you will pay good money for those but then they are worth it. Which ever brand you pick try and get the ones for commercial duty you will be happier in the long run. The brands I liked the best are Wells Cargo, Haulmark, Homesteader(Hercules). Pace used to be a good trailer but have been bought out so I was told.

P.Services
04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
do you think your gona seriously write a check or just kick the tire and say "it sure looks pretty" ?

OnaLawn
04-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Whatever you get make sure the side door has the latch on the side and not the flushed lock because take a flat head screw driver and all your stuff can easily be some yahoos
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnlandscape
04-08-2012, 03:01 PM
It all comes down to specs. The cheaper trailers have thin walls and fall apart fast.

After doing the research we bought a united uxt and upgraded a few things on it. We were so confident about this purchase that we drove 12 hours to go pick it up from the factory.

2 years later... we love it.
Posted via Mobile Device

TruSomethingOrOther
04-08-2012, 06:12 PM
I have a 7 x 16 enclosed landscape trailer from Pace I bought back in 2005 and I love it. It's the Summit series (which they no longer have). Double 3/8" plywood on the walls, e-track about waist height on both sides of the walls full length, vents, lights, added extra height to it so I could stand up straight in it (6' 6" inside height), torsion axles, electric brakes, load stabilizers on the rear of the trailer (for when not attached to a truck), heavy duty ramp door. Paid $6700.00 for it brand new. Had it ordered. I'm in the market for a bigger enclosed as I am now outgrowing this one and I wish they had this same series. I will say this trailer is heavier than most.

jetta
04-09-2012, 09:16 AM
we use us cargo because at the time they are the only ones w/ green treated floor but look at all the doors and hinges for level

crazymike
04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
We just bought a new snowmobile trailer, enclosed, and looked at all of them.

There is a huge difference in trailers.

One, there are tons of companies making trailers now. They are here one day, gone the next. Try to go with a trailer company that will be around in a year. We just had our dump trailer repaired under warranty, 2 years later. The back hinges failed.

Take a good look at welds, etc... some of them are only spot welded and shoddily at that.

Also take a look at the walls and base of the trailer. Is it rigid construction or is it just a cube resting on top of a flat bed trailer?

Axles is another good one to look at. Some of them use small axles and shitty brakes.

Also, flooring is good to look at. More important with the snowmobiles. Go with a synthetic plywood flooring with warranty. It's all good to say you can just change the plywood when it rots, it's only $300 in wood - it's a pain in the ass.

Also, I find it worth getting the inside of the trailer finished if you're a neat freak like me. Way easier to clean flat panels then aluminum and struts.

rstan2010
04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Can somebody clarify as to what or if there is any difference between enclosed trailer brands...(sure trac, royal cargo, wells cargo, haulmark, etc)

I am not talking about comparing entry level trailers to fully equipped ones, Im referring to similarly speced (16" OC walls/floors, Landscape package, etc.)

Is there a difference when going from one company to the next as I have been trying to price out trailers and have gotten quotes from 7k-10k.

Options im looking at are 16"OC walls/floors, screwless exterior, 10k gvw, extended tongue, thicker plywood walls, heavy duty treated floor, etc.

What brand trailers have you been pricing? I'm looking at getting a 20' soon and been shopping around just not positive what brand to go with.

Axl
04-12-2012, 09:50 PM
same here...priced out sure trac & Royal cargo

rstan2010
04-13-2012, 07:44 AM
same here...priced out sure trac & Royal cargo

What pricing you get on the suretrac? Im leaning towards the American hauler it seems to be built the best for the price.

Axl
04-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Oh $10g, but I upgrade to 5 k axles, 6" extra height, screw less exterior, album wheels, extended tongue, heavy duty ramp, etc
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-14-2012, 12:02 AM
I have to tell you, I am 6' 2" and got the standard 6' interior height. I can stand straight up under the roof and only have to duck slightly for the trusses. I am very glad I did not get the additional height didn't need it. But, not going to hurt if you do get it but it may make your storage options limited as the trailer will no longer go into a 8' hi door.

Also, if you have any opportunity at all, get a side drop down ramp either 4 or 5 ft wide.
I LOVE mine on my new Stealth.

Green Grass
04-15-2012, 12:53 PM
http://www.gatormade.com/ bought a 20' enclosed 2 years ago drove to ohio from MN to get it and the trailer has been great and I would buy another in a heart beat. They where cheaper (around $4700) then any other trailer we found and it has held up better then our haulmark trailer did.