PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean-Up Estimate

mcass50
04-07-2012, 10:47 PM
I had 3 jobs scheduled for today.. 2 residential slice seeding and one spring clean-up with 7 yards of mulch. I did the 2 slice seeding myself and left my 2helpers off to do the spring clean-up. They worked from 8 to 5 with a half hour lunch break, I paid them $13/hr which came to $110 each for the day. Just trying to get a feel for what another landscaper would invoice this job to the customer at? Keep in mind these guys are a couple of hardworking brazilian guys that do meticulous work. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Smallaxe
04-08-2012, 09:29 AM
I always ask myself: "What does it seem like it would be worth to the client?"

Sometimes , tiny time consuming details are expensive while unnecessary... hardworking and meticulous, doesn't means "Well-Trained"... :)

Stillwater
04-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Simply what it cost you to complete your clients clean up plus your profit * is your invoice
Posted via Mobile Device

mcass50
04-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Simply what it cost you to complete your clients clean up plus your profit * is your invoice
Posted via Mobile Device

lol.. yes.. thats generally how an invoice works, but im asking how much profit one would charge..

Smallaxe
04-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Sometimes, if you spend way too much time on a simple task, or if you efforts were fruitless, or for whatever reason the client might say, "Mmmm, I am paying this money, For What?"
You may have to "Eat It"...

You need to be able to figure out what the client considers value... I worked with a painter as a kid and was told to "scrape" the siding of a tall building... she gave me 3 days before she fired me...
I did a thorough job , but it was taking way too long and wasn't worth the effort , I was putting into it...

Avoid stepping over the dollar , to pickup a nickel... :)

Stillwater
04-09-2012, 01:06 PM
What profit to charge is personal
Posted via Mobile Device

Brown & Co.
04-12-2012, 12:48 AM
When Im the customer...I expect them to work diligently none stop till completion. I expect to pay just as much for the products I buy from you as I do from my local store myself. And i would expect it to be knocked out quickly, efficiently, and with a professional demeanor.

highlander316
04-12-2012, 08:40 PM
13/hr plus your taxes you're supposed to match and W/C.