PDA

View Full Version : Snows gone - back to work

Turfdude
12-14-2002, 04:44 PM
It looks like the last of the snow we got Dec. 5 is finally melting (except where we stacked it w/ the plows). Anyway - what a mess. The townships around here never finished their curbside pickups. The plow trucks pushed the leaves back on everyone's curbstrips, and a lot of the leaves blew around prior to the snow. We'll resume on Monday, but with all of the recent rain we received again, compiled w/ the melted snow, its like a very very wet spring. There are a lot of lawns w/ standing water. The leaves will be wet & heavy, & the use of the rider w/ PECO will be severly limited until everything dries out.
Sure does suck when Mother Nature gets off her "cycle":rolleyes: .

Anyway, I have at least another 4-6 weeks to go of clean-ups, plus some miscellaneous work. I will be taking off several days to go skiing! Other than that, I guess we could work through the winter again.

Good luck, & I know I'll be seeing some of you out-n-about in the upcoming weeks.

Bob

LAWNS AND MOWER
12-14-2002, 04:49 PM
Snow finally melted just in time for our next round of winter. Calling for 3-5 inches today and tonight. Suppose to warm into the 50's next week. Think Poz!!!

General Grounds
12-14-2002, 04:59 PM
:blob3: i hear ya Bob i'm in the same boat that your in, i'll be doing leaves well into january just hope everyone understands our perdicament, you know how customers can be. tony

rodfather
12-14-2002, 05:41 PM
Gonna be tough Bob. Every where you go the ground is totally saturated from the last snow storm and rain we recently got.

Need pontons instead of tires:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: Mother Nature sure is dealing some crappy cards, huh?