PDA

View Full Version : Doubles on Toro Proline 32'

BigMike
12-14-2002, 08:00 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone see what I've done to my Toro WB...I put a 32" Gator on the top and the Toro OEM blade on the bottom. The blades are perpendicular to one another. Whew this operation took some time, but I think it's going to be worth it...especially for making dense leaves dissappear.
Has anyone on this forum tried this yet on a 32" Toro Proline? What kind of results have you seen? Any adverse affect on mower performance? Obviously, I'd expect to hear some negative impact if the blades aren't mounted correctly...I took a great deal of time to make sure that the blades are not below the floating deck. This would defeat the purpose. Scalping ain't nice! I've attached pictures to show you what I have. Your professional opinions are welcome.
:D

ULTIMATE LAWN
12-14-2002, 09:00 PM
What engine do you have?

I put double gators on my Toro Proline 21"s & they worked great in leaves. Not so good in grass.

Tony Harrell
12-15-2002, 05:36 AM
I didn't know that particular mower had only one blade, I bet the cut looks great. I have a 32 bob-cat but haven't tried doubles on it yet. I did put doubles on my trim mower and it works great except in leaves, too much blowout.

BigMike
12-15-2002, 07:20 AM
This mower has a 13 HP Kohler engine...and, as far as blowout is concerned...I dont' know if this is going to be a problem because I haven't ran across a substantial amount of leaves yet. The leaves that I have encountered seemed to dissapear in one pass. I think the manufacturer built this deck with a small hole in the top to help relieve some of the pressure of the mulching blade; in other words, I guess the hole is there to counteract blowout. Hey, I don't want to make any further modifications to this already terrific design, but I may have to drill another small hole in the deck to relieve blowout from running doubles. Anyway, I got this idea from researching this wonderful site for months (probably at least a year now)! The whole idea is to provide top quality service and increase my productivity....in the name of full disclosure, I am new to this business--approximately one year--but I am passionate about my work. Hoping to expand business for a solo operation from approx. 10 to 30 res. /wk in 2003.