PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeding question

mowerman41
04-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Last year I took down 40 trees at my house last year. This year used a stump grinder and took care of the stumps. I have 26 accounts for mowing and am a full time corrections officer I have no time to sleep let along plant grass. My wife has been calling around for hydroseeding rates. What type of price should it be to hydroseed 20,000 sqft?
Posted via Mobile Device

Smallaxe
04-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Find a reputable seeder in your area, and pay him what he asks for... If you don't have time to water all the time then do it when it should be done in the Fall...
Lowballing your lawn always looks like a lowbudget joke... :)

N.H.BOY
04-09-2012, 10:17 PM
We charge around .09 cents a sq. foot up here in N.H.

Brown & Co.
04-12-2012, 02:05 AM
We charge around .09 cents a sq. foot up here in N.H.

Id say 1800 is about right but they only way to come out to that rate would be little to no overhead. You would have to own the equipment and know the market for hydroseed...as well as know how to effectively and efficiently apply it.

Lawn132012
04-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Id say 1800 is about right but they only way to come out to that rate would be little to no overhead. You would have to own the equipment and know the market for hydroseed...as well as know how to effectively and efficiently apply it.

YES, Make sure they EFFICENTLY apply the seed. I do not do hydroseeding but when my clients ask fo a hydroseeder I took care of getting it done by sub-contracting it out. I was new then and boy was that a mistake. The screwed the pooch on the job but I did go after a low end guy figuring how hard is it to apply the seed. WELL ... I found out and the job looked horrible. I ended up getting a second guy to come and do it so I lost my ass on the job. Next time I am passing the buck to have my clients call around for themselves and giving them numbers to call. That was a major pain in the backside for me

Smallaxe
04-14-2012, 10:27 AM
And the one thing to keep in mind... others will always be saying what a mistake it was to work with you... keep integrity and know-how in the business...

CAG80
04-14-2012, 12:19 PM
PM sent ...

mowerman41
04-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the pm chris I sent 1 back
Posted via Mobile Device