PDA

View Full Version : Stripe Kit

rvsuper
12-15-2002, 02:02 AM
I just got done making this today, for my Ariens RM830 Rear Engine. I only use this mower at home, it doesn't stripe good at all, so I made this for it. It's fixed and on the back of the mower, because if I put it on the back of the deck, it would stick out too far and rub against the tires, so I only had the option to put it on the back.

Is there anyway that you guys' know that I can rearrange it to float?

Thanks,

rvsuper
12-15-2002, 02:04 AM
BTW: I am getting the roller made and it isn't done yet. I will post pictures with the roller one when it is done

One more pic.....

baddboygeorge
12-15-2002, 03:12 PM
if you want unit to be a floating unit add springs to the bolts an use longer bolts like 2-3 inchers put bolt thru an put the springs on top along with some washers an then add the nuts . then your roller will have about 2-2.5 inches of travel try it out have fun george

burninbill
12-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Here is an account I do with no striping kit.

burninbill
12-16-2002, 12:53 PM
Here is another account we do with no striping kit.

lawnkid
12-16-2002, 06:45 PM
Nice stripes BurninBill, now let's see that Scag you make those stripes with. I just got a digital camera this weekend so I probabl will post pics of my Scag for everyone to see. I'll post some stripes in the Spring when I can mow:D Peace

Runner
12-16-2002, 06:51 PM
Your frame looks pretty heavy duty. I think what I would do, is re-think the design a bit. It doesn't have to be this wide, as the wheels lay the grass down themselves, so all you really need is the center area covered. If you look at ANY striper of any sort, none really cover the wheel area, too. Also, what you could do at that point, is just consider chains. They work very well.

Tony Harrell
12-17-2002, 06:48 AM
Try using torsion springs to make it a floater. You'd have to add some material but it would work. You'd need to make the roller part swivel up and down, then add torsion springs to the pivot points. Tractor Supply has them in all kinds of sizes. Most farm implement places should also.

rvsuper
12-17-2002, 10:21 PM
I dont quite understand. Is there any way you can show how this can be done?
Thanks

Tony Harrell
12-18-2002, 06:21 AM
The best thing I can use for an example is a mouse trap, it uses a torsion spring.

vipermanz
12-18-2002, 06:34 AM
You could either mount it to the frame with hinges flexing outward or put it in a track like a 0 and have it slide up and down in that:confused: