PDA

View Full Version : Removing Dyed mulch stain on white driveway

bigslick7878
04-11-2012, 09:30 PM
We have tried degreaser, concrete cleaners, scrubbing with little in the way of results. Spots are fairly small, but HOA Nazi's are always lurking in this neighborhood and nothing short of completely gone will do.

Obvious choice is to pressure wash it, but then I have to do the entire driveway and that is what I am trying to avoid.

The best part is I wasn't even using dyed mulch but must have picked it up from the mulch yard in some crazy way, and it dropped off the bottom of my truck.

cgaengineer
04-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Have you tried bleach? It will fade with time but I know how customers can be. In the future wet all hard surfaces prior to installing dyed mulch or spraying dye and it will not adhear to concrete.
Posted via Mobile Device

bigslick7878
04-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Have you tried bleach? It will fade with time but I know how customers can be. In the future wet all hard surfaces prior to installing dyed mulch or spraying dye and it will not adhear to concrete.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, I guess the most obvious thing never crossed my mind LOL.

It certainly sounds like it would work.

nobagger
04-11-2012, 11:36 PM
We have tried degreaser, concrete cleaners, scrubbing with little in the way of results. Spots are fairly small, but HOA Nazi's are always lurking in this neighborhood and nothing short of completely gone will do.

Obvious choice is to pressure wash it, but then I have to do the entire driveway and that is what I am trying to avoid.

The best part is I wasn't even using dyed mulch but must have picked it up from the mulch yard in some crazy way, and it dropped off the bottom of my truck.

Just pressure wash it and make them happy or you'll never hear the end of it.

Brown & Co.
04-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Pressure wash it...and fade/feather the clean spot into the dirty...OR It sounds like the perfect time for bidding a pressure washing job...just driveway...the whole thing even the house...i dont know... if you just want to spray only that spot and not fade it in... then tell them that ...if they want the stain gone they'll work with you along with your recommendations.