PDA

View Full Version : Snows gone 2 days and the phones ringing, where r u !!!!

General Grounds
12-15-2002, 03:10 PM
:blob2: unbeleivable the damn snows gone 2 days and it rained here for a day and a half and i come home to messages on the machine asking if we forgot to do their clean-ups. one guy said im surpirsed your not here yet you usually have me done 1st week of Dec. i dont know maybe its just me, Tony

EJK2352
12-15-2002, 03:29 PM
No, it's not you. I have those unbelievably stupid customers too!!! I often wonder how they have made it this far in life???:) ;) :) ED

SDlawndawg
12-15-2002, 04:51 PM
Yep. Similiar situation here.

LAWNS AND MOWER
12-15-2002, 05:06 PM
Kinda like during mowing season when it rains Mon,Tues,Wed, and Thurs and then it's sunny on Fri and a Thursday weekly customer calls on Fri asking where you were. We're surrounded by idiots!!!!! I've trained my customers that it's not a question of if I'll do it, but when.

Tvov
12-15-2002, 05:14 PM
Fortunately, I've only had a couple calls. Most of my customers know that I am doing what I can when I can. Plus, last week I sent out letters about the leaf cleanups, so I think that helped some customers understand what is going on. Now it is supposed to rain tomorrow!! And then the temperature is supposed to drop again!

With this miserable leaf cleanup season, I hope it will be at least be a snowy winter (cover the leaves, and snowplowing).

AL Inc
12-15-2002, 05:26 PM
General- Same boat here. What a nasty fall. We were able to get 3 accounts cleaned up today, along with some lime/fert. applications. People just have to understand, we're doing the best we can. Good luck, Mike

Randy Scott
12-15-2002, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately people get restless. All you can do is call and communicate to them and they'll be fine. Part of being in business, customer relations. :)

Turfdude
12-15-2002, 06:40 PM
Ohhhhhhh Yeahhhhhh! Of course we're coming sometime soon! You're on the list! It has been raining and everything is a bit damp!! Now how many of those that called will call back after they get their bill complaining about a higher than normal fee because the leavesare heavy and wet and clean up time is increased? They'll be very quick to forget that we rushed right over to clean up their properties foregoing others. You know its a lose - lose situation. Just do your bestand smile all the way to the bank.

Bob

bubble boy
12-15-2002, 09:04 PM
sometimes people are just checking to be sure. others don't want to wait, they figure you'll bump them just to shut them up .

first storm this yr, about 7", people were calling to ask if we were coming that week . DURING the storm!

Gravely_Man
12-16-2002, 04:08 PM
Don't lose focus of how hard it is for most people to find good reliable help. This means doing a good job and completing it in an appropriate timeframe. I hear you loud and clear that the snow just melted and then it rained but they are probably just scared you forgot about them. Isn't better to be wanted then unwanted?

Gravely_Man

rodfather
12-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Just tell them, "we are doing the very best we can".

You can't do anything about the weather. Everyone got behind will that early snow storm.

S*** happens:cry: :cry: :cry:

jeffex
12-16-2002, 07:38 PM
I going to call my last 8 and let them know were comming thurs. to save them from calling me and having any surprises . It is supposed to be 48 on Thurs. here in MD. All my tanks are filled with STABIL mix I'm ready to finish the season and Party!

bobbygedd
12-17-2002, 05:53 PM
man, im in the same boat, but the water is a little rougher for me. my reg clients were done long ago. we were getting alot of calls from our ad. when we quoted them prices, some were price quotes, others were quoted an hourly rate cus they were too hard to judge. they were also told they would be done on a "as soon as we can get there " basis. here is where the problem comes in: now since the snow came , and lots of rain and freezing temps, ive called some of these people back and told them it would cost extra. some were just happy to get it done, others feel im being unfair for increasing the fee.

rodfather
12-17-2002, 06:02 PM
How can they think you are being unfair, bobby? I am 48 years old and I can't even try to remember the last time we had snow this early (December the 5th).

Heck, we're lucky to see any snow before January the 5th!!! Although, I guess you will have to compromise some...just NOT a lot.

jeffex
12-17-2002, 06:03 PM
I talked to most of my last people today and they are ready for thier leaves to dissappear!! If the weather holds out thurs. I should have no BIG suprises

AL Inc
12-17-2002, 06:43 PM
Bobby-Be happy that all your regular clients are done. I still have about 45 to go. As far as your "one shot" clean-up clients, don't stress about it. Do your best, what more can they expect of you? I'm off to check my answering machine now, 11 calls so far today. They are all identical- "When are you going to do the clean-up?" Almost every day has been like this. :( Mike

General Grounds
12-17-2002, 11:46 PM
:blob3: Mike, do what i do, i change the message on my machine to read" if this call is in ref. to leaf clean-up, we are exp. delays due to the bad weather we had earlier in the month, please be patient we will get to you" sometin like that cant remember word for word. tony

little green guy
12-18-2002, 01:22 AM
i'm in the same baot as bobbygedd, i have people that called late from and ad that I gave prices to that are too low now because they are either wet or frozen and packed down from being covered with 7" of snow. I think i'm gonna try to get one more good day in and the rest will have to wait untill spring because I'm in winter mode now.