PDA

View Full Version : Juniper

BigMulch
04-14-2012, 11:42 PM
How much would you guys charge to remove about 50sf of junipers that are about 3-4ft tall and spread 2yards of mulch in the flower beds. The guy has no room to dump it so i will have to take it away. Also what is the best way to remove jumipers

BigMulch
04-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Sorry it is just under 500sqft

Dr.NewEarth
04-15-2012, 02:44 AM
Junipers are alot of work to dig out the roots. It's dirty and scratchy. Wear long sleeves and long pants.

We took out a row 250 feet long by about ten feet deep. We had to use a small dump truck and a chain to rip them out of the ground. That took two guys most of a day and that was easy access. They were right next to the driveway at an HOA. So, I figure that was about 2500 square feet of junipers.

If they had to be taken out by hand, it would have taken most of a week in my opinion.

I'm guessing here, but 45 minutes per plant plus dump load and time? It's difficult to estimate this sort of thing unless I am actually there and can see sight conditions, access and the junipers.

GO CANUCKS GO

grandview (2006)
04-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Junipers are alot of work to dig out the roots. It's dirty and scratchy. Wear long sleeves and long pants.

We took out a row 250 feet long by about ten feet deep. We had to use a small dump truck and a chain to rip them out of the ground. That took two guys most of a day and that was easy access. They were right next to the driveway at an HOA. So, I figure that was about 2500 square feet of junipers.

If they had to be taken out by hand, it would have taken most of a week in my opinion.

I'm guessing here, but 45 minutes per plant plus dump load and time? It's difficult to estimate this sort of thing unless I am actually there and can see sight conditions, access and the junipers.

GO CANUCKS GO

Next time you get a job like that get a tree company to come in cut them down and grind up the whole bed for you.

Smallaxe
04-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Depending on the kind of Juniper, there really shouldn't be a lot of regrowth from the roots, if you just go ahead and cut them flush to the ground... charge enough extra for a quality new handsaw and hauling and dumping the nasty things...

Much cleaner surface to mulch over and should be done in 1/2 a day with one person... your biggest time waster is hauling brush ...

BigMulch
04-15-2012, 10:07 AM
I can use a truck and a chain to take out about 95% of them I was thinking about 850 with 2 yards of mulch
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
04-15-2012, 10:31 AM
How long do you think it will take? $850 seems a bit high.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-15-2012, 10:40 AM
How much would you guys charge to remove about 50sf of junipers that are about 3-4ft tall and spread 2yards of mulch in the flower beds. The guy has no room to dump it so i will have to take it away. Also what is the best way to remove jumipers
All depends what you have do the job Skidloader or tractor and chain with out seeing the job to hard price anything to pop one out be less then 5 mins
I did 20 junipers that was installed 20 yrs a go took me longer hook chain up

Smallaxe
04-15-2012, 10:59 AM
There is the story in a neighboring town in which a fella was pulling up some roots and brought up the city gas line along with them... :)

Duekster
04-15-2012, 12:05 PM
There is the story in a neighboring town in which a fella was pulling up some roots and brought up the city gas line along with them... :)

So do not charge less than your deductable right:laugh:

BigMulch
04-15-2012, 02:10 PM
I figured it would take 6 hours to take them out. Plus 2 yards of mulch + dump fees. I figured someplace between 750-850 area what would you guy charge. This is my first removal job so not really sure how much to charge

Duekster
04-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Pictures might help. I mean I can get 200 a small tree to take it down. At the same time a tree company can clear large trees and brush pretty easy and would do it all for about 1K as a minimum charge. Keep in mind this is Texas.

There are several types of Junipers, how many loads, how long to unload.... is the city going to charge you to dump and grind into mulch.

It also depends on how skilled you and your team is at taking down trees. My advice is to bring two chain saws, spare chains and plenty of bar lube.

I would give a labor rate, plus a haul off and disposal charge.