PDA

View Full Version : Its been dry

bradsmowing
04-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Its been so dry yards aren't growing and are county went back to one day a week watering . The only upside to this is broke my foot 5 weeks ago and get out of my cast in 2 more weeks cant wait .

bradsmowing
04-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Is anyone else running into this dry lawns

williams lcm
04-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Yes it is extremely dry. Alot of the man made lakes are drying up. Yes I did skip some lawns last week do to the drought stress on the lawns that are not irrigated well. Most of the lawns are green and growing well. The bahia is still very slow. I know some areas can only water 1 day a week. Luckly I can water twice a week. I just hope the wells dont run dry because some areas are 5-7 feet below normal

Florida Gardener
04-16-2012, 05:28 PM
This isn't anything new. March/April are dry months. Once mid-May hits, it is rain, rain, rain.....

Landscape Poet
04-16-2012, 08:28 PM
This isn't anything new. March/April are dry months. Once mid-May hits, it is rain, rain, rain.....

That's about right. Every year people are amazed at this. Every year at this time I end up skipping some lawns because the homeowners forgot to turn their irrigation system back to two days a week from winter. I have a premade letter that I carry this time of year explaining why we did not cut the lawn and to follow up their irrigation schedule. It is in there ball park at that point, the health of their lawn is in their hands.

This is my favorite time of years though because I get a chuckle out of the knuckle heads that I do see out there driving over a dry lawn knowing darn well that they just did more harm than good. :hammerhead:

bradsmowing
04-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Ya i see guys out cutting lawns and there nothing to cut
the only up side is im in a cast with a broken foot for two more weeks so at lest the lawns aren't going crazy yet

unkownfl
04-16-2012, 11:26 PM
I've been pretty much every other on most or every ten days. I have some that are weekly that are irrigated well. I cut a lot of dry lawns when I really shouldn't because they have weeds or they called and wanted it cut because they pay by the cut.

bug-guy
04-17-2012, 07:40 AM
yeah most lawns i see would leave nothing but tire tracks in them, except over the spetics. good news 40% chance of rain on wed. and some later in the weekend.

johnwright238
04-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Rain is headed your way my friend just give it a minute

Landscape Poet
04-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Rain is headed your way my friend just give it a minute

Gave it a minute....40% chance was given today....guess what ...NO rain.

unkownfl
04-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Did anyone see the new weather tab above? Looks like lawnsite is getting into weather. Maybe they can predict the rain a little better. BTW Mike I seen 20% for today but looks better tomorrow and the weekend.

Landscape Poet
04-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Did anyone see the new weather tab above? Looks like lawnsite is getting into weather. Maybe they can predict the rain a little better. BTW Mike I seen 20% for today but looks better tomorrow and the weekend.

Still dryer than HE double hockey sticks here. Again the weathermen ...oh it is going to be raining by noon watch out.....that simply is not the case. I would not be surprised if we get min rain out of this" big rain" they are predicting for the weekend.

southernmower
04-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Just had our first rain of any kind here, unfortunately it only lasted for 10 minutes so i'm not really sure if it qualified as rain. Still grey and overcast so hopefully more will come.

Landscape Poet
04-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Just had our first rain of any kind here, unfortunately it only lasted for 10 minutes so i'm not really sure if it qualified as rain. Still grey and overcast so hopefully more will come.

Yep got that after my last post.....looked promising...but end up being a little disappointing....at this point any moisture is a good thing though....now July that might be a different story:rolleyes:

unkownfl
04-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Rained pretty hard over here for about 30 minutes. Things will be looking up with what we got here.