PDA

View Full Version : City cuts leaf pick-up budget.

Phishook
12-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Normally we leave the leaves on the curb for the city to pick up. It saves us time, and I always remind the customers that they are already paying for them to do it.

I knew the city was cutting the budget. They were only going to go arround once this year and only do residentials.

I just found out today that they didn't do several streets...Verry nice arreas, they did one side of the road and not the other.

Now I have to pick them up and bring them home. Wish I had a truck box now! Hey it's Christmas, Maybe....:rolleyes:

FrankenScagMachines
12-16-2002, 03:58 PM
WOW that sucks. I feel for ya man....Do you own a leaf loader? That would help anyway. Probably wouldn't do any good but you could call as a homeowner and gripe that your pile didn't get picked up and is a big pain and is going to ruin your precious lawn, etc etc lay it on thick they might do something about it? Maybe not? Worth a try??
Sorry to hear that really throws a wrench in your holiday plans I bet huh :(

rodfather
12-16-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Phishook
Normally we leave the leaves on the curb for the city to pick up. It saves us time, and I always remind the customers that they are already paying for them to do it.

I knew the city was cutting the budget. They were only going to go arround once this year and only do residentials.

I just found out today that they didn't do several streets...Verry nice arreas, they did one side of the road and not the other.

Now I have to pick them up and bring them home. Wish I had a truck box now! Hey it's Christmas, Maybe....:rolleyes:

What are you going to do with them once you get them home?
Sounds like a lot of extra work to me...dunno:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

lawnkid
12-16-2002, 05:14 PM
Now that our snow is finally melted, I see homowners still raking their leftover leaves. The cuty still has some small piles on my street to pickup including mine which has been sitting there for about 3 weeks :( . I hear that the city is behind on help this year thought too so... We'll see.

Phisbrook, do you have any truck that a vac would fit on to. If you can't afford one this season, call the city and have your cstomers call too to complain and they will pick them up :D

GLS
12-16-2002, 05:17 PM
Our city cut back on leaf pickup also, but they only stopped working weekends and holidays. Now they are way behind. They were supposed to be done nov. 27, but they are still sucking right now (dec. 16). I've had piles sit for over 3 weeks. It kills the grass under it, so whenever possible, I put them in the road.

bilbo7021
12-16-2002, 06:31 PM
Ok, wait a minute. Why is it you're problem that the city didn't do it's job? Did they tell everyone they were going to go that route?

GroundKprs
12-16-2002, 10:00 PM
Hey, Phishook! Are the customers paying for removal? And do you have a dump site?

I'm just up the road in SB. If you want to do it later this week in the rain, send me an email with a phone number and what time I can call.

I have a new leaf loader and dump trailer - does 60-70 cu yd of loose leaves in a load.