PDA

View Full Version : Brands of dethatchers

Gr8WhiteNorth
04-16-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm looking for a pull-type detatcher that is built a little heavier than the box store versions.

Any ideas on where to find something like that?

mtmower
04-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Look at JRCO. They make a nice rake. If possible get and use a front mount so you can pick up the thatch with your deck as you go. Saves you a third pass over the lawn.

Gr8WhiteNorth
04-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Good concept. I am also looking for something to rake over fresh seed bed that i could pull behind a quad (large areas 1 acre +)

mtmower
04-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Agri-fab makes some equipment. I'm not quite as impressed with the quality of their products but they may have some options.

Fawcett
04-28-2012, 11:21 AM
I like my Walker Dethatcher, its made me some good money last fall and this spring. I also looked at the JRCO units and liked them a lot-they were just a bit more $$

I really like having the Dethatcher in front of the deck, it makes things much easier

Rick13
05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I bought TurfEx and they have a package called Flex Hitch. They sell a package called Thatch, Groom �N� Sweep package. You get a front mount (48" for my 60" ExMark), a hitch that moves up and down and sideways, dethatcher, broom (48") that fits the flex hitch, and they sell a spreader and sprayer that will fit the front of your zero turn mower. The spreader and sprayer is not include in their Thatch, Groom �N� Sweep package.

I like the dethatcher a lot, but usually I talk my customers into aeration since it breaks up the thatch, loosen up the soil, and promotes new grass growth.

But I am looking to see how much the sprayer and spreader would cost...just not sure yet?

Here's their website: http://www.turfexproducts.com/

Hope this might help some.