PDA

View Full Version : Price on Mulching (grinding up) Leaves

leeslawncare
12-16-2002, 07:58 PM
How do you price grinding up leaves.I got a 52"turf tracer w/mulching kit .I generally clean up leaves (blow tarp bag etc)@45.00per hr.I'am thinking 45.00 per hr for mulching also .I know that mulching doesn't look great but this guy wants it done that way so........give him what he want eh!been a while since i've posted a thread,let me hear what you guys think.by the way the leaves haven't been touched this year an they have 6to 8 oaks.I'am guessing it will take me maybe 2 hrs to do it .thanks for all your comments.lee

Lawn Specialties
12-16-2002, 09:42 PM
In the opinion of someone who does mulch all the leaves on most of the properties they maintain price it well. If you are pricing by the hour @ 45 per you should come out ok but if you have to quote it figure it will take you 4-6 times as long as it would to mow it.If the leaves are super thick like 6" or thicker it will take several passes just to get them all flat so you can chew them up. Guys like me who mulch leaves hit our properties once a week or so to keep up. Another consideration is what your going to put your equpment through. Mulching once a week puts a considerable load on engines and belts and thats not even close to what your doing. Also think about the neat stuff that could be hiding on the leaves for your deck to find. Not trying to scare you away just make sure you get your money out of it.

leeslawncare
12-16-2002, 09:49 PM
thank you for your input.This is not one of my regular clients.(guess i didn't mention that).He just seen me next door doing a regular maintaince ( leaves gutters ) an called me up .sorry i forgot to mention that aspect.it's a standard 10k to 13 k lawn

leeslawncare
12-16-2002, 11:43 PM
Dang guys .... doesn't anyone muldh leaves?????

leeslawncare
12-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Well,,i guess this wasn't a good thread to start .not many replies.thought i would bring it back to the top an try again.

bubble boy
12-17-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by leeslawncare
Dang guys .... doesn't anyone muldh leaves?????

oh oh...

Lawn Specialties
12-17-2002, 10:26 PM
I think it's hilarious with all the mulch versus collect arguements that have gone on on lawnsite that none of the pro mulch guy's are willing to give advice to some one who actually wants it.

leeslawncare
12-17-2002, 10:37 PM
sorry for the miss spelling bubble boy

Markus
12-17-2002, 11:10 PM
I still mulch, done a big job yesterday, i blow them into piles and manhandel the walkbehind lifting it up and letting it go down slower 2 wacks with doubles and them leafs are dust. Most of my clients like there yds mulched, free copper........I charge 35.00 per/man/hr.... Marks Mowing Service

leeslawncare
12-17-2002, 11:41 PM
Thanks mark .thats what i quoted him at per hr.like i said befor he is a new client a 1 timer.35 per hr.thanks again Lee

cantoo
12-18-2002, 12:08 AM
I would think the few responses are because we are all mulched out over all the threads on the subject. We collect so I've no idea of a mulching price, I feel it's too hard on my equipment and we are set up to collect because few others offer it. Check some of the old threads maybe some prices are there.