PDA

View Full Version : Turf Specialty Products= Worst Service Ever

Acute Cut
08-11-2000, 06:11 PM
Have any of you heard of this company? They are based out of Maine. I am amazed that they are even still in business. They have the most horrible customer service i have ever had the displeasure of being subject to.

I ordered a bagger from them in April. They told me two weeks and then i'd have it. Then it was two more weeks. Then a month. Then two months. Then it was for sure by August, but maybe September. NOW< i called them the other day to make sure i was gonna get it and they said MAYBE by April they might be able to send one out!

LUDICRIOUS! They claim to have the best bag system on the market, but it isn't even able to be sent out! I am FURIOUS about this. Whenever i or my dealer calls they are so "busy" that they only sometimes barely can answer my questions.

How can a company stay in business being this horrible? I am going to call my dealer and have him cancel my order. I have been patient, but this is too much.

I need a big bagger for my 52" Hydro Walk Behind Exmark. I have a 4 bushel bagger, but it is way to small and does NOT bag in the wet weather. I mow and bag most every job. One job is about 2 acres. Ever bagged 2 acres in the spring 4 cubic ft at a time? Maybe for them "SOME SCRUB LAWNCARE" type of companys. NOT ME! Send me any bigger baggers that yall use. Ill check them all out. And, spread the word about this company that is so horrible. I have lost 7 customers becuase of this delay and not being able to bag. I dont want anyone else to have to deal with this same problem as i have.

Thanks in advance all.

SJR Lawncare
08-11-2000, 06:28 PM
I've never heard of them. Now that I have, I'll never deal with them. Thanks for the warning. By the way, Scrubs use the 4 cu.ft. bagger? I guess that I am a scrub.
SJR Lawncare

Lazer
08-11-2000, 06:31 PM
I've posted on them before. I've owned their products. I, too am surprised they are still in business.

Normally competition weeds these types of businesses.

lawrence stone
08-11-2000, 06:41 PM
SJR wrote:

>By the way, Scrubs use the 4 cu.ft. bagger? I guess that I am a scrub.

If you have a leaf extension for that bagger you then could be considered a super scrub.

SJR Lawncare
08-11-2000, 06:49 PM
No, I dont have a leaf extention. I surely do not want to be a "super scrub".
SJR

Acute Cut
08-11-2000, 06:51 PM
I wrote" ..... 4 cubic ft...yada yada yada..."
What i was implying (or attempting to imply) was the use of miniscule equipment for a horrendous sized job. I.E. Transporting an entire highschool student body via a pinto. Or better yet, mowing a lawn with nail clippers. I have read and known some "scrubs" that work 10 hours on a job for 50$. I used the term "scrub" loosly.

Funny thought: I'm sure that someone could use all sorts of racial terms (I dont and wouldnt of course) and get away with it. If they say the Horrid "S_____" word then they will get TORCHED and berated. The "S____" word by the way is SCRUB> I can use it though, been there done that.

steve
08-11-2000, 10:10 PM
I'm a dealer in NY and I order mine from Pennsylvania. TSP is out of minnesota, and I don't know where you could get them in Maine. I can get one in just a few days!

Acute Cut
08-11-2000, 10:54 PM
oops, MN- was thinkin maine. sorry. is minn not maine. I am a user but i am very good friends and customer of my dealer. He is the one calling, but i am right next to him listening in. Which bagger do you propose to use? I need bigger the better. (still mounted and not tow behind)
thanks

Runner
08-12-2000, 12:18 AM
Acute Cut,
How about saving yourself the work and the hassle, and don't bag? Your mower is MORE than capable of cleaning a property without removing a BLADE of grass. I think back to all the grass I bagged (with big ol' steel hoppers yet) when I was younger and realize how much work was wasted especially on bigger properties. It is possible to run your mowers through thick, wet, overgrown grass and still come out with the end result of a bagged appearance and less work invested. If you happen to have customers who are sticklers on bagging, explain to them that they don't bag Wrigley Field, and they SURE don't bag golf courses. Also, maybe slip in how the latest agronomy studies with turf show that as much as 1/3 of the total nitrogen can be stripped from the soil as opposed to being recirculated by bagging. Good Luck!

lawrence stone
08-12-2000, 07:36 AM
I have two of the first generation (prototype) sulkys made
in 1994. They have been some of the best items I have ever purchased. They "were" made of diamond plate over a 1" sq tube frame.

I broke one of them in half the other day but it has already been welded up and back in service.

You would break in half if you had 265 lbs standing on
you all day long for 6 years.